#2 Apr 09, 2009 18:04
Ok, just an update, after a few tests and experiments, I found what I think the culprit is.
the "anonymous" locale setting
Here's what I have:
1) Global Settings -> Regional
2) I cloned/copied en-US / English (US)
3) Created a new locale en-PH / English (PH); the changes are:
- Locale: en-PH
- Name: English (PH)
- Charset: utf-8
- Priority: 1
- Since the Page Source shows a charset of UTF-8; we can assume that the English (PH) setting was parsed correctly
- But for some reason, the rest of the page is then rendered in English (US)
- After I explicitly changed English (US) via the Regional settings tab to utf-8, the problem for "anonymous" was fixed
I kept the "Lang file: en_US" field as-is since I don't want to create a lang file for en-PH in the locales directory.
4) Set the "Default locale" to English (PH)
5) Clicked the Save button
6) Set the locale of each blog to English (PH) as well
7) Set my user locale to English (PH) too
Since I'm entering non-Latin characters, and my user localed is set to English (PH) which is a utf-8 b2evolution "regional" locale, when I log-in the non-Latin characters show up correctly.
If I log-out, then that's when the problem as stated in the previous post shows up.
It appears now that the "anonymous" locale is not set to my:
b2evolution Default Locale which is English (PH); and
Blog Main Locale which is also English (PH)
BUT, when we view the Page Source, it is correctly in UTF-8!
I then tried to change the English (US) and English (GB) to utf-8 as well via the Regional settings.
I logged-out and voila, it works fine now for "anonymous".
So the possible bugs as per this experiment are:
a) Regional Locale is getting mixed-up somewhere
b) The Regional Locale and/or Blog Locale are not getting recognized for "anonymous"
c) It is also possible that, since my English (PH) "Lang file" is set to "en_US" locales file (in the locale directory), it loads the default enconding of en_US/en-US/English (US).
d) The locale of "anonymous" is fixed to the Regional settings locale "English (US)" (related to letter 'a' above)
If I change the locale English (US) [via the Regional settings tab] to iso-8859-1 then logout, the problem explained above is back.