Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2004 06:29    

I've just had an installation go wrong. Upgrading from v.8.0.9 to 9.0.10, I get the following error message after clicking the "upgrade from previous version" option:

It appears that the following blog stub names are used more than once: ['']

I can't upgrade until you make them unique. DB field: [evo_blogs.blog_stub]

What I did - I deleted all the previous blogs files and uploaded the new ones to my /html/ directory (same directory where the previous ones resided. The only thing I can think of is that the original installation was done in a "blogs" directory, which I have since deleted when I moved the files into my .com directory.

Can anyone assist?

3 Jul 16, 2004 07:57

OK. Seems where I went wrong was having blank stubs for two of the blogs. Whereabouts in the file structure would I find these to change the names of one of them?

4 Jul 16, 2004 10:22

I've lost all my stuff now. I backed up some of the tables in my db before it all went bad (e.g. evo_posts). I have no idea how to restore them.

Should I just write it off and start afresh, or can my archives be recovered easily enough? No real big deal, it's not like I was building rockets on my site.

5 Jul 16, 2004 14:46

Restore your DB backups with the same tool you used for backup.

Then install your old b2evo again and go edit your stub/url names in the blogs admin.

Then you can rerun the upgrade.

6 Jul 16, 2004 19:12

Backed up some tables? Don't the instructions tell you to back up everything? I've no idea how you'll get on with only having backed up some of the tables...

7 Jul 16, 2004 19:26

you could also just run this sql (it's messy, but it might work)

update evo_blogs set blog_stub = blog_ID where blog_stub = ''

Then run the install again.

How did you back up?

8 Jul 17, 2004 01:18

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, I don't know the first thing about sql. I'm not sure I even backed up properly - I used the export tab. I would have backed up all the tables, but I somehow managed to delete a couple beforehand. I think databases are not a good place to play when you are not versed in the finer points of their workings.

Anyhow, I'm starting afresh and crossing fingers that it doesn't go awry next time I upgrade. I surely won't have two blogs with blank stub urls from now on.

9 Jul 17, 2004 01:31

"Export tab"?
In what program? (Please don't say "Internet Explorer." I mean, is it in b2evolution, in phpMyAdmin, etc.)

10 Jul 17, 2004 02:01

whittler wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, I don't know the first thing about sql. I'm not sure I even backed up properly - I used the export tab. I would have backed up all the tables, but I somehow managed to delete a couple beforehand. I think databases are not a good place to play when you are not versed in the finer points of their workings.

Anyhow, I'm starting afresh and crossing fingers that it doesn't go awry next time I upgrade. I surely won't have two blogs with blank stub urls from now on.

I'm pretty sure that the export tab is in phpmyadmin (although I haven't looked), but there shouldn't be the problem with blank stub names now, since you don't even need to use stub files in 0.9.0.10 if you don't want to...

There you go, another completely pointless Graham posts...

11 Jul 17, 2004 03:27

The export tab is in myadmin in mysql.

Sorry I wasted your time guys. No more blank stubs. Lesson learnt.

Be well.

Form is loading...