Recent Topics

1 Apr 14, 2009 22:25    

2 Apr 17, 2009 00:26

Someone will tell you to go and fix it yourself. But no sir, that won't be me. :)

3 Apr 17, 2009 00:58

Yeah I know, but I'm not a fan of wikis is the thing. One might as well write in beach sand at low tide eh? So I'm figuring maybe one of the fine folk who dig on that documentation method would be interested in correcting it. Else no problem by me.

4 Apr 17, 2009 01:10

There you go. I guess that makes me a fine folk! :)

5 Sep 11, 2009 22:47

EdB wrote:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Localization provides links for "ISO 639 language code" and "ISO 3166 country code" but both are incorrect. The new ones are http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_chapter/gettext_15.html#Language-Codes and http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_chapter/gettext_15.html#Country-Codes

There ya go!

It's got a couple other problems as well. For one, what if a language doesn't have natural variants? I know this is true for Esperanto and Yiddish (they're just spread out throughout the globe with little variation and no home) and perhaps some other languages. When country codes are necessary (for example, Mozilla and Facebook), they specify them as eo-EO and yi-YI, though neither EO nor YI are valid country codes. b2evolution shouldn't require a country in the locale. (Programs that use gettext only have eo.po and yi.po, because country codes aren't necessary in gettext.)

The other is actually quite amusing. It talks about b2evolution becoming a professional CMS and misspells professional (there are few things as unprofessional as misspellings).

6 Sep 12, 2009 04:15

I'm only guessing here, but since the gnu gettext utilities page says "here are the language and location codes" that's why b2evo says "here are the language and location codes" ;)

By the way I've no doubt if someone made a translation for Esperanto or Yiddish it'd be includable. Or Palestinian. Or Pirate. The only kicker is you gotta have a "ab-CD" associated with it. And a name. The 'name' parameter lets you tell people what it actually is translating to, so yi-YI is quite doable. The thing is b2evo on your server doesn't look at that gnu.org page and say "sorry but that 'locale' isn't in their list so byebye".

v.2.7 ships with "en-EU" and a note identifying it as not veally a valid ISO-3166 code so why not?

'en-EU' => array(
		'name' => NT_('English (EU)'), // not really a valid ISO-3166 code
		'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
		'datefmt' => 'Y-m-d',
		'timefmt' => 'H:i:s',
		'startofweek' => 1,
		'messages' => 'en_EU',
		'enabled' => 0,
	),

7 Sep 12, 2009 17:15

zooplah wrote:

The other is actually quite amusing. It talks about b2evolution becoming a professional CMS and misspells professional (there are few things as unprofessional as misspellings).

Methinks the whole idea of moving towards a professional CMS went away when avatars became mandatory. Now the goal seems to be "anything that gets people displaying the new footer links". Too bad :(

8 Sep 13, 2009 02:53

EdB wrote:

Methinks the whole idea of moving towards a professional CMS went away when avatars became mandatory. Now the goal seems to be "anything that gets people displaying the new footer links".

I think I've seen them on other blogs, but I don't have them in my skin. I use my Pavatar plugin for avatars. Also, I removed the footer links function from my theme (I know that probably kept me from getting listed in the blogs, but I've recently disabled pinging this site, so oh well).

Form is loading...