Recent Topics

1 Apr 17, 2009 18:38    

Well, I've been using b2evo now since early 2006 when I created autodogmatic.com (still up, never updated :(). Since then, I've gone into web biz full-time via the Mortgage Lender Implode-O-Meter (And other related sites). During this time, we've used Wordpress for blogs on my commercial sites, but I just keep coming back to b2evo. I like it better than Wordpress - seems more intuitive, more powerful, and less clumsy (to me).

Anyway, my ongoing blog that uses b2evo is at http://justinowings.com/b/ and I recently set up a brother-in-law on b2evo at michaelvancise.com.

Thanks b2evo community for putting out such a great platform!!

2 Apr 17, 2009 22:29

Nice big bold & clean layout.

3 Apr 17, 2009 22:54

Yeah I like it. I've been thinking I need to throw out and rebuild my skin, and what you've done is sort of where I'll be going. Well done!

4 Apr 18, 2009 16:53

EdB wrote:

Yeah I like it. I've been thinking I need to throw out and rebuild my skin, and what you've done is sort of where I'll be going. Well done!

Hey thanks! That's a really great compliment coming from you (and John).

FWIW, it's modded Custom. I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who'd like it - just email me at justinowings at gmail.

5 Apr 24, 2009 01:39

Fantastic. I love all of the information you have in your side bar...and so tidy! Your actual homepage is brilliant. Really good work.

6 Apr 24, 2009 04:49

GigaBob wrote:

Fantastic. I love all of the information you have in your side bar...and so tidy! Your actual homepage is brilliant. Really good work.

Thank you! Sometimes I worry it's overkill, but this kind of feedback is very encouraging.

The homepage is intended to detail all the various updates to the site by major category as well as be a dumping ground for other net activities (like google reader shareds, twitter, etc.).

7 Apr 24, 2009 04:58

I wouldnt worry, you've pulled it off (where many dont! )

Your home page isnt "modded custom" to surely?

8 Apr 26, 2009 00:39

GigaBob wrote:

I wouldnt worry, you've pulled it off (where many dont! )

Your home page isnt "modded custom" to surely?

It's not - it's pretty simple actually. It's essentially a three column table that has various rss2html feeds plugged in to it. To make it load faster, I usually copy/paste a dynamic php page into a php html include file whenever I make blog updates so that it doesn't have to build all the rss2html includes every page load. It's clunky (on my side) that way, but it's not too much a hassle for me to update it manually (for now).

9 Sep 26, 2009 08:40

Good site and even better content. Congrats.

Form is loading...