Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2009 04:55    

The skin is updated.. see the last post.

Screenshot:

[URL=http://img17.imageshack.us/i/post09org.jpg/]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8749/post09org.th.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/htsrv/call_plugin.php?plugin_ID=16&method=download&version=2&skin=postlog&id=339]download the latest release[/url]

0.9.1 Changes

Changed the crappy drag and drop script with jquery.
Fixed floating footer bug.
Fixed weird first drag bug.(also browser scroll down bug)
Two separate for 2.x and 3.x
Cross-browser custom scrollbars for post-its instead of truncated posts.
Better (not the best) new graphics.

What to expect for stable 1.0 release

Better & Optimized Graphics:
-Tileable backgrounds & css sprites
-Desktop/Office interface-look-
Better Multilingual hand-written font
Reviewed typography and usability
More options like background and font variants making use of skin parameters and/or cookies.

skininfo wrote:

Postlog Skin for b2evolution 2.x-3.x series:
1. The skin is valid through XHTML 1.0
2. The skin is fully fluid.
3. Moveable post-it notes stored via cookies. -Corkboard interface & feel.-
4. Optimized for 1024+ resolutions.
5. Cross-browser {Lowest browsers tested: ie6, ff1, opera8}

2 Apr 18, 2009 06:46

My compliments!

This really is great :)

4 Apr 18, 2009 13:08

John wrote:

Well done on this. It's truly an innovative skin for b2.
I may be missing something, like comments are not allowed, however using FF 3.08 the comment form seems to suffer from "overflow itis" :)
http://wow-factor.com/img/comment_form.jpg

tilqicom wrote:

To Do List in 0.2:
Make a bigger and different than post-it page for single post mode so that

thanks..yep, the single post mode should have whole another look.. and it's yet easy to do however i'll update it in a few days as i want to update it with all the other things listed..now i gotta find a way to truncate the post content for 'post mode' and make a large view for 'single mode'

5 Apr 18, 2009 17:31

Truncate the post at a certain number of characters and add an automatic 'read more' link afterwards

You may also add a vertical scroll bar.

overflow-y:scroll

If you want to crop the text, here's a nice function

/**
 * Cut text by words
 * @param string: text to process
 * @param integer: the number of characters to cut from the start (if the value is positive)
 * or from the end (if negative)
 * @param string: additional string, added before the cropped text
 * @param string: additional string, added after the cropped text
 * @param string: words delimeter
 * @return processed string
 */
function cut_text( $string, $cut = 250, $before_text = '...', $after_text = '...', $delimeter = ' ' )
{
	$length = abs($cut);

if( function_exists('mb_strlen') && function_exists('mb_substr') )
	{
		if( $length < mb_strlen($string) && $cut > 0 )
		{
			while ( $string{$length} != $delimeter )
			{
				$length--;
			}
			return mb_substr($string, 0, $length).$after_text;
		}
		elseif( $length < mb_strlen($string) && $cut < 0 )
		{
			$string = strrev($string);

{
				$length--;
			}
			return strrev( mb_substr($string, 0, $length).$before_text );
		}
		else
		{
			return $string;
		}
	}
	else
	{
		if( $length < strlen($string) && $cut > 0 )
		{
			{
				$length--;
			}
			return substr($string, 0, $length);
		}
		elseif( $length < strlen($string) && $cut < 0 )
		{
			$string = strrev($string);

{
				$length--;
			}
			return strrev( substr($string, 0, $length) );
		}
		else
		{
			return $string;
		}
	}
}

6 Apr 18, 2009 17:36

nice ty sam. i ll give it a shot today.. uhmm where am i supposed to insert that one :oops: i ve tried _item_content.inc.php didnt work

7 Apr 19, 2009 07:50

Try to replace this

// Display CONTENT:
$Item->content_teaser( array(
		'before'      => '',
		'after'       => '',
	) );
$Item->more_link( array(
		'force_more'  => $params['force_more'],
		'before'      => $params['before_more_link'],
		'after'       => $params['after_more_link'],
		'link_text'   => $params['more_link_text'],
	) );
$Item->content_extension( array(
		'before'      => '',
		'after'       => '',
	) );

with this

// Display CONTENT:
$content = $Item->get_content_teaser();
$content .= $Item->get_more_link( array(
				) );
$content .= $Item->get_content_extension( '#', $params['force_more'] );

echo cut_text( $content, 500 );

Not tested but should work :)

8 Apr 19, 2009 17:06

thanks sam2kb!! that worked great..

now; can we place a 'read further' link if the post has more than '( $content, 250 ); ' characters for say... note that the 'read more' i am talking about is different than the default "read more" link inserted by the author..It should be added automatically right after the '...' with an

if ( '( $content, 250 ); 
   echo $Item->get_more_link

or summat..

or if that's hard should i add a permanent 'read further' link regardless of the post length ?

9 Apr 19, 2009 19:46

$read_more = '<p><a href="'.$Item->get_permanent_url().'">Read more...</a></p>';

echo cut_text( $content, 250, '...', $read_more );

;)

10 Apr 20, 2009 11:32

I love this idea of skin. Thanks for your submission.

I'll prefer pushpin ;)

11 Apr 20, 2009 17:24

0.2 is coming up... but danny hasnt added to the skins directory -i'm glad he did not, but at least he could reply why he did not.. nvm.. maybe he didnt just receive it.. we ll see about that

slamp: yea the pin's look nice too.. but i couldnt find a good one, the ones i had are either too realistic or too cartoonish..maybe i will add the psd with a pin layer so that you could choose.

12 Apr 22, 2009 21:19

The skin is updated to 0.2..

Beware that featured posts feature is disabled by default

If you have an 3.x installation and want to use it; just delete the old posts.main.php and rename the 'Featured-posts.main.php' to 'posts.main.php'

Screenshots:

http://i42.tinypic.com/6fpc2q.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/24me48x.jpg

changes: wrote:

3.x featured posts Coloured post-its for each category Special coloured post-it for featured post Truncate the post at a certain number of characters and add an automatic 'Continued' link afterwards/*thanks to sam2kb*/ Fixed page mode Single post mode updated Numerous minor fixes and visual updates. /* fixed header graphic etc.*/[/list:u][/quote]

13 May 17, 2009 14:57

tilqicom wrote:

Make a special coloured post-it for featured post

It is a cool skin! Notwithstanding, having a log file in my server specifically for PHP errors[1], I get logged the following entries:

[relevant_date]PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_featured_Item() in [relevant_directory]/skins/postlog/index.main.php on line 134

Upon searching for the name of the purportedly offending function in the proper directory, I get this output (with line number where function name occurs):

[relevant_directory]/skins/postlog/Featured-posts.main.php:134:if( $Item = & get_featured_Item() )
[relevant_directory]/skins/postlog/index.main.php:134:if( $Item = & get_featured_Item() )
[relevant_directory]/skins/postlog/posts.main.php:134:/*if( $Item = & get_featured_Item() )
[relevant_directory]/skins/postlog/skininfo.html:39: if( $Item = &amp; get_featured_Item() )<br />

Evidently, posts.main.php has the function of reference commented out; however, the error does not occur (or is logged) as a result of the other two files.

Hope the information is useful ...assuming that the error is not my fault . :-/

[1] Relevant section of php.ini file to enhance security by not spiting out errors to the visitor:

; Even when display_errors is on, errors that occur during PHP's startup
; sequence are not displayed. It's strongly recommended to keep
; display_startup_errors off, except for when debugging.
display_startup_errors = Off

; Log errors into a log file (server-specific log, stderr, or error_log (below))
; As stated above, you're strongly advised to use error logging in place of
; error displaying on production web sites.
; change to a value of on to log PHP errors.
log_errors = On

[...]

; Log errors to specified file.
; Uncomment to specify a log file for PHP errors
error_log = filename_to_log_PHP_errors

14 Jun 15, 2009 02:19

The skin has been updated to 0.3.the update should be available shortly

sticky footer added.the footer is sticked to bottom so that it wont float in the middle anymore.
read more link is back.
edit link position fixed.

15 Sep 02, 2009 10:57

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to add on to this post, but it was the only reference to this wonderful skin that I could find.
In the demo/preview, there is more than 1 "sticky note" on the page. I've only just started messing about with b2evolution( which I love so far!), so I don't have much working knowledge yet.
Sooooo, my question is, how do I get more than the one "sticky note" to show on my home page please?
Thanks in advnce for any help/advice.

16 Sep 02, 2009 11:57

every "sticky note" is a "-new- post"... the more posts you have in your homepage the more s.notes you will have

17 Sep 02, 2009 12:02

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I understand! :D
Thank you VERY much, and may I say how much I love the postlog skin!

18 Sep 02, 2009 12:26

glad you liked it... it needs to be updated though..have fun

19 Sep 06, 2009 05:42

Edited because I discovered the sticky notes DON'T disappear, they just moved themselves on top of each other! Once they're moved again they stay where they're put, so that's ok...it's that first apparent "disappearance" that is weird.

Me again, sorry :oops:
Okay, I'm working stuff out...slowly. I've managed to do the aggregate thing, and it works(ed) great...except when I clicked on one of the 4 postit notes on the default/home page...it disappeared! So I messed about with the aggregate settings....the missing postit note appeared...briefly, then was gone again. Then I clicked on one of the other postit notes...POOF! GONE!
Ended up with just ONE left...that one doesn't/didn't disappear, and after clicking on that one, and going to the full post...I click on "home" and for a few seconds only, ALL the postits are there...then the 3 I originally clicked on, disappear again. I asked my Hubby to go to the site on his PC...same thing happens.
It has me totally bamboozled LOL

20 Nov 24, 2009 14:10

i have googled sites using postlog skin, and i have noticed it's not very customizable.. i will try to make it more universal..
i thought i had fixed 'floating footer' (sticky footer) issue with 0.3 but somehow i see that it persists..
the ones using this skin please post here your experiences, usability issues

21 Jan 08, 2010 23:19

Hello, I can't seem to find a link to a 0.3 release..
the one from the repository skin looks like a 0.2 release ?

thanks for your support,

Best,

Ben

22 Jan 21, 2010 13:39

is there any chance to get the newest release of this skin in a direct link ?

23 Jan 22, 2010 17:11

i have lost the latest state of the skin earlier due to a cpu failure and lack of backup habit..

And as described above, the skin is not very customizable at the moment.

I am thinking of releasing another update after a make a few decent improvements.Which i assume would take about 2 to 7 days with no promises made.

24 Jan 23, 2010 09:37

Ok this is great news ! can't wait to see the result !

26 Apr 14, 2010 10:35

Good stuff....any chance to see a release soon ?

27 Apr 26, 2010 08:06

got it all wrapped up.. theres only one slight malfunction in IE -what a surprise- will fix just that and ready to go..expect a release this evening

29 Apr 26, 2010 08:56

thank you, i hope you guys will test it out and be back with feedback.really need those, as you can never exactly simulate real user experience.

this one is gonna be a has-been-too-long-since-last release, just to iron out the initial crappy 0.1 and 0.3..

But i can say it's pre-final, pretty close to what i had in mind.Although there are still main changes i d like to make before it becomes a skin i am proud of announcing.i will include details of what has changed and what to expect in the final release which i hope will be the one after this.

30 Apr 27, 2010 09:36

I'm ready to test it out, i already have a blog concept that will be great with this skin...waiting wisely for the download link :)

31 Apr 27, 2010 10:02

You can test a demo [url=http://b2.tilqi.com/blog1.php]here [/url] if you are a Firefox user.

I was going to release it yesterday but there are serious complications in IE which extended that time.I am gonna see if i can fix them today.

32 Apr 27, 2010 10:28

tested it with chrome and firefox, in both i think the the type of font is not that easy to read, will it be easy to change fonts ?

in chrome the first time you move a post-it it react strangely, like it move the post it to a place then you can move it normally, it does this for every post it the first time you move them, then it's all normal you can move them around and they react nicely.

dunno if it's a bug or something else.

33 Apr 27, 2010 10:47

buzzworkers wrote:

tested it with chrome and firefox, in both i think the the type of font is not that easy to read, will it be easy to change fonts ?

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the font, I could not find any other multilingual handwritten fonts, let me know if you find any.Or maybe should i just remove and switch back to regular fonts ? 'Cause we can not just ignore non-english users.

buzzworkers wrote:

in chrome the first time you move a post-it it react strangely, like it move the post it to a place then you can move it normally, it does this for every post it the first time you move them, then it's all normal you can move them around and they react nicely.

I could not reproduce this one.Are you sure it is the "first-move" and not sth. else causing it ? I know of one strange behaviour when you try to move posts while the scrollbar is down but could not see that one you told.

By the way, is Easy-move (the whole post is draggable) fine ? It might sometimes take you to the link you touched while dragging, how would you like it with a handle (drag with only-title area) or easy move (drag whole post) ?

34 Apr 27, 2010 12:39

I would prefer dragging the whole post, instead of having to use the title area...looks like the title area is already used to link to the full post no ?

about the chrome weird behavior while dragging the post for the first time :

it goes like this :

when i choose to drag a post, i click on it in the middle of the post-it, it suddenly change his position more then what i moved with the mouse..

i can do that with all the post-it once, then they all react normally.

35 Apr 27, 2010 12:47

buzzworkers wrote:

I would prefer dragging the whole post, instead of having to use the title area...looks like the title area is already used to link to the full post no ?

Nope..just the link itself.
buzzworkers wrote:

about the chrome weird behavior while dragging the post for the first time :

it goes like this :

when i choose to drag a post, i click on it in the middle of the post-it, it suddenly change his position more then what i moved with the mouse..

i can do that with all the post-it once, then they all react normally.

so weird.. only if i could reproduce that and see the problem for myself..

and can you reproduce that one i told ? dragging the post while the browser scrollbar is down ? that happens for you too ?

what is your chrome version ? 4.1.249 ?

36 Apr 29, 2010 16:00

I can drag the post while the browser scrollbar is down, but it jump on the top of the page (and my mouse too) very strange, kind of the one i have the first time i try to move a post it with chrome...

37 Apr 29, 2010 20:30

buzzworkers wrote:

I can drag the post while the browser scrollbar is down, but it jump on the top of the page (and my mouse too) very strange, kind of the one i have the first time i try to move a post it with chrome...

ok we agreed on that one,but again, on the chrome-first-drag-thing, i cant see that one.. would you mind checking your chrome version and writing here

38 Apr 29, 2010 21:41

OK the one with first drag problem is the latest dev version from the dev channel, wich i use at work.

at home i have the latest beta version wich is 5.0.342.9 beta
and with this one, i don't have that problem. so i think it's good.
but i do have the scroll down bug, when i move the post it goes up sudenly and the mouse too.

i have this confirmed behavior with firefox 3.6.3 and chrome beta.

i hope it help :)

ps: are you using the jquery-ui to get the dragable post-it working ?
in the demo site of jquery-ui i don't have that bug : http://jqueryui.com/demos/draggable/

39 Apr 29, 2010 21:45

this is just a feature request...do you think it would be possible to have the page (next page, 2,3,4,) to kind of slide off from right to left showing new post it without refreshing the whole template ?

i suppose it would require some kind of jquery-ajaxifying stuff...i don't even know if its possible, but it would give to the skin a nice and fast way for browsing trough the next and previous page of post-it..no ?

40 Apr 30, 2010 11:20

buzzworkers wrote:

OK the one with first drag problem is the latest dev version from the dev channel, wich i use at work.

at home i have the latest beta version wich is 5.0.342.9 beta
and with this one, i don't have that problem. so i think it's good.
but i do have the scroll down bug, when i move the post it goes up sudenly and the mouse too.

i have this confirmed behavior with firefox 3.6.3 and chrome beta.

i hope it help :)

ps: are you using the jquery-ui to get the dragable post-it working ?
in the demo site of jquery-ui i don't have that bug : http://jqueryui.com/demos/draggable/

ok, so i assume we can ignore the particular chrome bug.. about the scroll down bug, i will look into that, its really odd.. yes the skin uses jquery ui..

buzzworkers wrote:

this is just a feature request...do you think it would be possible to have the page (next page, 2,3,4,) to kind of slide off from right to left showing new post it without refreshing the whole template ?

Yep, it is a good idea, not just for this one, but for any template to be able to browse without loading the whole page.. i will look into that too.

41 May 04, 2010 09:39

Yep, it is a good idea, not just for this one, but for any template to be able to browse without loading the whole page.. i will look into that too.

Yes ! incoming Great stuff !!

42 May 16, 2010 01:29

Screenshot:

[URL=http://img17.imageshack.us/i/post09org.jpg/]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8749/post09org.th.jpg[/URL]

the skin is updated.You can [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/htsrv/call_plugin.php?plugin_ID=16&method=download&version=2&skin=postlog&id=339]download the latest release[/url] in the skin directory..It's still nowhere i pictured it, but it made some progress, almost everything is ready other than visuals..
But you would understand the difficulties of making such a particular concept into a customizable common skin.

0.9.1 Changes

Changed the crappy drag and drop script with jquery.
Fixed floating footer bug.
Fixed weird first drag bug.(also browser scroll down bug)
Two separate for 2.x and 3.x
Cross-browser custom scrollbars for post-its instead of truncated posts.
Better (not the best) new graphics.

What to expect for stable 1.0 release

Better & Optimized Graphics:
-Tileable backgrounds & css sprites
-Desktop/Office interface-look-
Better Multilingual hand-written font
Reviewed typography and usability
More options like background and font variants making use of skin parameters and/or cookies.

I highly recommend you would use the latest release as previous releases suck real bad..
Sorry it took too long, but i hardly had anytime to work on it and it still did not turn out the way i wanted but better than before.I will try to make it to 1.x which will i hope be a modern, advanced but yet customizable skin this time.You could imagine it would not be out anytime soon.

43 May 18, 2010 15:57

ok i'm using it now for one of our blog, it seem lighter, for now i don't see any bug, but i'm working on it, if in find some odd stuff i'll post it back here :)

44 May 18, 2010 17:03

How do i change the font to a non-handwriten one ?

edit : ok got it..

another question, witch color of post-it is associated with witch kind of post ?

i suppose featured post and sticky are the same kind of post ?

45 May 18, 2010 18:02

buzzworkers wrote:

How do i change the font to a non-handwriten one ?

edit : ok got it..

another question, witch color of post-it is associated with witch kind of post ?

i suppose featured post and sticky are the same kind of post ?

i am also thinking of removing the handwritten font, and switching to good old arial helvetica in the next release, and providing a tiled background instead of huge png's..

As far as the colors goes, featured post is purple, default is yellow, and the rest is according to category ID's.. have only catID#2 and catID#3 as blue and green.. you can manipulate them through css as you wish.

still not good enough but it's far more better than the previous ones in terms of functionality & usability right ?

46 May 18, 2010 18:04

A custom template.class.php would allow you to offer different fonts/colours/whatever as alternatives.

Doesn't require js though so you may find it boring :roll:

¥

47 May 18, 2010 18:06

Yes it is far better, you have done a very good job !
let's see how this is going to evolve :)

i have found a nice handwritten font (kind of) how do convert it to EOT ? so i can test it ?

48 May 18, 2010 18:12

¥åßßå wrote:

A custom template.class.php would allow you to offer different fonts/colours/whatever as alternatives.

Doesn't require js though so you may find it boring :roll:

¥

I am not using js for those already.. Just for the dragging and cookies..
But i would like to learn how to make use of that template.class.php...

Is this the "skin settings" which came in with 3.x series ?

buzzworkers wrote:

i have found a nice handwritten font (kind of) how do convert it to EOT ? so i can test it ?

just [url=http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=online+eot+converter&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=c78e48b898b2787e]google online eot converter[/url].. there are plenty (:

I also found many nice handwritten fonts, but the current one is multilingual, are you sure yours supports international characters too ?

49 May 18, 2010 18:15

IIRC .. take a look in /skins/custom/_template.class.php

It *should* show you how to make skin settings ( per blog && default )

¥

50 May 18, 2010 18:20

¥åßßå wrote:

IIRC .. take a look in /skins/custom/_template.class.php

It *should* show you how to make skin settings ( per blog && default )

¥

i had a quick peek earlier but it will take some time to get the hang of it..you know there are not any explanations anywhere.

51 Oct 11, 2010 01:53

Hi!

Firstly, I also would like to say congratulations and thanks for the skin. It has helped me a lot...

I understand what you mean in the last comment, but, even thus, I would like to know if you could explain better how can I manipulate the post-its colors.

I have 5 categories in my blog and I would like to put each color to each categorie. I don't want to use the featured post for example. Is that possible? How could I make that!?

Thanks so much....

Cheers!

Miguel...

52 Oct 16, 2010 02:54

each post has a class of its category-ID

<div class="pozt catID15

so you can manipulate by adding

div.catID15 {
background: /*your own bg*/}

to your css file.

If you dont want featured posts, just do not feature any, what's the problem ? But if you must, you can comment out the lines that displays featured posts in your posts.main.php

54 Mar 04, 2011 11:10

OK, I found a fix that seems to give me what I want.

In item.content.single.inc.php I commented out this code

$Item->more_link( array(
	) );

Is this right, or likely to come back and bite me hard?

57 Jan 05, 2012 23:36

Hi,

I love the idea for this skin and really want to use it. While I'm setting it up, though, there are a few things that have me scratching my head. Some I will ponder and explore to find my own answers, but this question is really annoying me because I can't find where make the change.

On the top right hand side is the widget for usual navigation (Home, About Blog A, Contact) The text for About says "About Blog A" - I want to change that to About My Blog. I can see that I can disable the widget, but I can't see where I can edit the text.

In Admin, under Widgets I can see the widget under the Menu list. There is says About My Blog, but it is not showing on the blog.

Can someone help me, please?

Johanna

58 Jan 06, 2012 23:52

"About Blog A" is the title of a "page" type post.You can edit that post title to change it.

Despite i am the author, i do not recommend using that skin : d not with its current situation.The initial release is full of bugs, and heavy on size of graphics despite the poor quality.I have submitted an updated version earlier but it wasnt updated in skins directory.

59 Jan 07, 2012 02:21

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

I was able to change that. And that was a whole area of admin that I had not looked at - so I'm in for some more exploring.

Is there a link further back in these posts to the updated version? If there is I will go back to it and see what that does for me.

Johanna

edited: Ok I have found the link to version 0.9.1. That is the version I am using.

60 Jan 08, 2012 08:00

Can I ask another d'oh question?

I thought that I had this mastered, so I deleted the sample posts and images. I know - now - that I should have archived them instead.

But now I want to add images to the Recent Photos in the sidebar, but can't find where to do that.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Johanna

Form is loading...