Recent Topics

1 Jul 17, 2004 01:17    

Hi,

I would like my Members to have a part of the sidebar (of the blog) that they can edit (write a text or list links to make a menu) without access to skins.
According to me, the best way to do this is to display in the side bar, the title and the content of the very first item of a blog.

How do I do this ?

2 Jul 17, 2004 01:18

Why not just put the notes field there? Or the description? That's what they're for.

3 Jul 17, 2004 01:36

- Because there are settings in the Blog administration that are not supposed to be edited by basic bloggers. They could seriously mess up their blog.

- I'm using another blogware that do not supports long description nor Note and don't want to confuse my users with the "how to".

- I had some parse errors in the Note field, I suppose it's because of UTF characters and ISO encoding.
Is any HTML allowed in there ?

4 Jul 17, 2004 02:08

Not sure about the notes field, but the long description definately allows html.

5 Jul 30, 2004 16:48

Hmm, I have a long (3 screens to scroll) list of links in a sidebar.
This question doesn't belongs to the template I was working on for the initial post.
I'm working on a template for a single blog/user, and that template could be modified by the user.

So, I would like to edit this long list of links from b2e rather than editing the template each times.
I propose first to create an entry with the links in the body and them edit the template to make it display that entry as a permalink by it ID

Any suggestions ?

6 Jul 30, 2004 19:08

Why not just make a linkblog? All you have to do is make a new blog, assign it as the linkblog of the user's blog, then they can post links to their heart's content.

7 Jul 30, 2004 19:11

Well yes, thanks to remind me that feature.
I excluded that from my multiblog skin so it was out of my mind.

Form is loading...