Recent Topics

1 May 22, 2009 23:25    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

OK, per EdB's advice, I'm going to break these out for what I'm trying to do, can't accomplish, and am having trouble understanding the FAQ's, tutorials, etc.

What are some of the types of prgrams that can be used to edit the .css and .php files?

Is there a program similar to Macromedia's Dreamweaver for .html programming that will allow you to see what your page will look like based on changes you make to your style.css and index.main.php files?

2 May 23, 2009 00:54

I moved this to "chat" since it isn't about supporting b2evolution. And hey look there is no need to repeat the first sentence over and over and over and over. I'm assuming all of your "chapter whatever" posts are going to keep this up. So stop.

Editing files can be done with any editor that isn't a "I make pretty documents" type of thing, meaning not stuff like MS Word. Notepad is tolerable. Notepad++ is way better and free. I sometimes use dreamweaver but only for very specific tasks. Personally the one that does all my file editing (.html, .js, .php, .css, .pretty.much.everything) is HTML Kit which is a free download.

If you want to see immediately what your edits to .php files will look like then you have to set up your computer as a server. WAMP would be the tool, or XAMP though there might be extra letters in the second one. Again, free to download. Same with .css files, but for those you can use Firefox with the Developer toolbar add-on. Tweak the styles live, then if you like the changes commit them to your local copy and upload. Tada!

Form is loading...