Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2009 10:49    

Hi,

want to embed b2e in my existing website design, found this doc:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Create_a_new_skin

It says it applies to b2e 1.x. Is it suitable for 2.4.x also? I'd lrather avoid messing up my existing installation ...

If not, could anyone please direct me to a suitable doc? I'm familiar with css, but not a skilled php programmer, so if there is much php to tweak, I would need something like a step for step guide :(

thanks

2 Jun 15, 2009 16:04

There are some fairly HUGE changes between 1.x and 2.x ( slightly less huge between 2.x and 3.x ... but that's still in beta ;) )

Link your website and we'll have a shot at telling you what you need to do in an "idiots guide" way for you .... if we get it right we could make it the 2.x docs :D

¥

3 Jun 15, 2009 17:15

uh, thanks... !!

www.wart-vom-eigenhof.de

can't wait... :D

btw: they say b2evolution.net is already running on 3.2 - so it seems not too risky to upgrade?? It has a wysiwyg editor on board, they say... So it might be easier to get where I want to?

Anyway, the said website desing is fairly simple, so it might be safer to do it in 2.4.7 (just upgraded these minutes...). And maybe even faster. I'm somewhat in a hurry, 'cause my lovely bitch is pregnant ( :lol: umm, yes, I'm really breeding dogs, as you will see), and the website is the most important marketing tool nowadays to generate puppy buyers. And I'm pretty late already.

4 Jun 15, 2009 17:25

wow .. ok, I don't want to sound harsh but ... in my browser ( firefox )

1) without javascript your layout went a smidge awol
2) even with javascript ... your navigation failed

Nice bitch though :D

From teh bit I could get access to ( what with the complete failure of navigation ), that'd be a doddle to replicate in b2evo ;)

¥

5 Jun 15, 2009 17:49

sorry - you might have fallen into the minute I switched the domains for this very case. The very second I sent my last post I realised I gave you the "final" domain which has just a placeholder yet.

There is not much content yet, so most of the menu items are grayed out anyway.

Just checked again in FF3, IE 6, IE7 on 2 different machines - works fine as expected for me, all elements in place and no jitter. So please give it one more try.

6 Jun 15, 2009 18:00

oops - you were right about the js. Dunno why it worked for me initially. Now it's there...

7 Jun 15, 2009 18:08

Sorry, you just got beaten by an offer of cheeseburgers and beer

The good news is, you can model most of your site with a b2evo skin ;)

¥

8 Jun 15, 2009 18:24

skin? which one? howto? Sounds promising... I'm ready for anything! :D

And, btw, if the puppies are sold by end of September, there will be room for a donation (if the web thing works as expected, of course ;) )

Form is loading...