Recent Topics

1 Jun 17, 2009 17:34    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.7
Hi,

I downloaded a skin from jump2top.com, which seemed suitable to adapt it without too much hassle to my existing site layout. Now I noticed that just one line seemingly is not attached to the correct locale, i.e. it looks like this:

Posted Under Von Tag zu Tag on 03.16.2007

"Posted under" should be also in German, and the date format is wrong too, it should be d.m.y instead of m.d.y. If I choose another skin it is correct, as it is the case with the global locale settings.

I believe the problem must sit somewhere in the index_main-php, but I can't find it. Can you please give me a hint?

thanks

2 Jun 18, 2009 02:50

If in your skin the text "Posted Under" does not look like T_('Posted Under') then it won't translate. Also, it has to be in the translation file to translate so it is a two-part deal: put the text you want to change with locale inside T_('') and make sure it is in your locale's translation file. Not the messages.po file - gotta be in the global.php file.

3 Jun 18, 2009 10:43

thanks a lot. I followed your hint, but to no avail. So I checked index_main.php once more. This time I used a plain text editor instead of the slightly outdated freeware tool I previously opened the file with. And, hooray, there it was, together with some other lengthy html code, which imho shouldn't be placed in this file. The designer of the skin I derived mine from seemed to mistake the php file for a container for html hacks ...

btw - is there a method to mark threads as "solved" in this forum?

4 Jun 18, 2009 10:48

Sometimes it is perfectly okay to put html bits in a php file. Heck many times it makes perfect sense. For example the crediting linkback used to be good old fashioned html but turned into a function call to do exactly what the html used to.

AFAIK you can edit your first post and change the title if you want. Any post actually, but only the first one in a topic will change the overall topic title.

Hey glad you got it worked out :)

Form is loading...