Recent Topics

1 Jun 17, 2009 17:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.7

I understand that the feature static pages enables something like pages in a traditional website. I searched for a comprehensive howto guide, but was not successful. Is there any?

My efforts to find out on my own how to generate static pages (preferably without all the sidebar blog bling) and provide links in the menu bar were quite fruitless. I'd need about 20 some additional pages, which should not be a normal blog but for whose b2e should serve as a cms. Rumor has it that this is possible - but how?

2 Jun 17, 2009 18:25

Pages? Just create a post with the type Page (in advanced screen) and it won't show in the posts lists, neither in the rss. And you can use the page list widget to show the list of pages that you've created.

3 Jun 17, 2009 19:44

thanks - didn't notice the tiny dropdown before...

But - ist there any way to get rid of unwanted widgets on these pages?

5 Jun 17, 2009 22:23

my skin is derived from a skin which seemed close enough to my existing website design to make the necessary changes not too arduous. Still a lot of changes in style.css and a few in php (which I'd rather avoid since I'm not a skilled php programmer).

I just followed your link and looked into Evopress - it seems to do what I need. It obviously uses a page_main.php to have a clean template for pages, but this template needs heavy changes in the style.css and obviously even in php - just copying the template into my skin folder makes my pages explode, and the sidebar is still there anyway ...

I hoped there would be an easier way.

6 Jun 17, 2009 22:29

Do you have a link to your site so we can have a look?

L

7 Jun 17, 2009 23:12

http://tinyurl.com/lyn3ga

This is a sample static page. It should come without the sidebar. Though - the page list could stay there - until I found a way to integrate the page list into the menu bar as a pulldown menu item, at least ...

8 Jun 18, 2009 00:07

I might be able to take a look at it for you in the next day or so if you can zip up your skin and provide me with a download link or something like that.

9 Jun 18, 2009 01:09

http://tinyurl.com/lolar3

thanks a lot!

P.S. Maybe you have an idea, why the skin header breaks up in IE6 - its a css problem, but I can't figure out how to fix it for the f* IE6.

And please be aware that the css is anyway not yet "final", there are still some places in the layout I have to tidy up, e.g. the comments area.

10 Jun 18, 2009 11:40

No worries

I have had a little play and sorted out the removal of the sidebar from the page view. I added the page.main.php and removed the sidebar from it. Then added some css to make the content are fill the space provided. Hopefully you will be able to see what I have done but if not then give me a shout.

http://leeturner.org/media/hoviskin.zip

I have looked it over in the browsers that I currently have on my machine (firefox and safari for the mac) but will have to leave you to test it out more thoroughly in IE etc. Sorry, can't help with the IE 6 thing as I don't have a copy of IE 6 at the moment.

Hope that helps

L

11 Jun 18, 2009 18:11

thanks! Perfect. Now just a little bit fine tuning of the css, thats it. :D

12 Jun 18, 2009 18:16

Excellent, glad it worked OK

Form is loading...