Recent Topics

1 Jun 19, 2009 05:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am thinking about altering the overall width of my page. I am using the andreas_01 skin. I would like the right and left columns to stay fixed at the width they are now and have the top and main portions of the page expand. Obviously this isn't as easy as walking in and changing a single value in my style sheet. If I were interested in changing the width of my page, what other values should be considered so I don't have problems down the road?

2 Jun 19, 2009 06:23

Hi Noods,

Search this forum and you'll find out. I tried and failed. The problem with andreas is the (gray) border images. They determine the width of the inner columns.
I can be done however.

Good luck

3 Jun 25, 2009 02:35

I have been looking through the files for a couple days but I can't seem to narrow down the relationship of the gray border images to the inner columns. I have found the css entries for the other portions of my site that I will need to amend. I have also changed the width of the wrapper which changes the width of my site to that which I need it to be. However, the grey border images don't resize to their desire locations and I can't figure out where to change that. Would anyone happen to know where that is?

4 Jun 25, 2009 02:55

i have no idea how andreas looks like , or how it looks like on your website, however afai got from the above posts, it has a bg image that is set for the default width.. you can stretch/resize it with an image editor like photoshop etc.. if you provide a link to ur blog i could have a look at what the problem really is

5 Jun 25, 2009 04:20

Here is the skin on my site:

*URL removed*

As you can see, I have changed my wrap width from 760 to 1060. The header margin is still at 760 up top and you can see how that normally shows. So, how do I achieve adjusting the bg.gif image to fit the rest of the page?

7 Jun 25, 2009 20:12

Negative. That doesn't show up at all.

8 Jun 27, 2009 19:58

Still trying to nail this down.

I fixed the margin issue. I can't figure out why why the repeated background image is only showing on the margin of the header.

10 Jun 28, 2009 02:57

Good suggestion!

I pulled my source and resolved all the non standard parts of the source. This did not fix the problem but I was able to fix a few minor coding problems from a Free HTML widget. I did figure out a little more about the problem.

index.main.php calls bg.gif and repeats it along the Y axis of the site. When I remove some of the items in the blog to shorten the screen I can see the bg.gif is positioned appropriately on the top and bottom of the page. I would assume it is displaying properly "behind" the content of my site.

I think that what I need to figure out is how do I change the spacing between the background images on the left and right. I have looked all over but I can't find it. Any ideas?

12 Jun 28, 2009 08:22

Wow...had I plopped the gif in mspaint sooner. A classic case of over-complication. Thanks for the help!

Form is loading...