Recent Topics

1 Jun 25, 2009 13:17    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I just did a skin and would like a few of you guys to help me test it out. Mostly, I've been out of practice with my coding and my design so I just want opinions so that I can refine it to really submit it to the skins sections. It's a real simple skin and nothing too fancy about it.

Download link is below:

http://mheadley.com/downloads/Berona_B2Skin.zip

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:
the link above is the official release link, there will be more skins soon.

2 Jun 25, 2009 13:43

I'm assuming that the following is a the skin in action...
http://blogger.mochadee.com/b23/blog1.php for those that want a look before a download...

It's a unique looking skin though there seems to be a repetition of the header "Blog A Title" on the side bar and a couple of minor validation issues

4 Jun 25, 2009 18:30

Nice skin!

You may want to delete width: 360px; from textarea class cos it doesn't fit in comments form

5 Jun 25, 2009 20:31

John wrote:

I'm assuming that the following is a the skin in action...
http://blogger.mochadee.com/b23/blog1.php for those that want a look before a download...

It's a unique looking skin though there seems to be a repetition of the header "Blog A Title" on the side bar and a couple of minor validation issues

See the validation issues don't seem to be caused by the skin, (since it validated without any posts or a post with only text) they are caused by the posts. This is a real pickle for me, because the WSIWYG editor is wat's screwing me over. By the way, i'm skinning B2Evo 3.2 beta. Thanks for posting that link, totally escaped my mind.

7 Jun 25, 2009 21:05

¥åßßå wrote:

There's a [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=18969]3.beta bug[/url] with wysiwypf editor ... no idea if it's been cured in cvs, but you'd like to hope so ;)

Not looked at your skin yet so I can't provide any other feedback ;)

¥

I might be suffering from that bug. Does the WYSIWYG editor in the CVS clean up code on save? That might be something to consider seems like that's where the issue lies.

8 Jun 25, 2009 21:08

mochababy wrote:

I might be suffering from that bug. Does the WYSIWYG editor in the CVS clean up code on save? That might be something to consider seems like that's where the issue lies.

¥åßßå wrote:

[......] no idea if it's been cured in cvs, but you'd like to hope so ;)[.......]

¥

I'd say you were suffering from muppetitis as well :D

I haven't looked at current cvs files for a smidge, but not seen any commits that seem to suggest it's been fixed .... might be worth screaming on that thread though ;)

¥

9 Jun 25, 2009 22:18

¥åßßå wrote:

mochababy wrote:

¥åßßå wrote:

[......] no idea if it's been cured in cvs, but you'd like to hope so ;)[.......]

¥

I'd say you were suffering from muppetitis as well :D

I haven't looked at current cvs files for a smidge, but not seen any commits that seem to suggest it's been fixed .... might be worth screaming on that thread though ;)

¥

Sorry just woke up and kinda read it real fast and didn't take it in. Thank you for your responses you are a genius! If this skin works out well and if people like it I would like to make more and maybe port some skins over from Wordpress (im on of the users that are a little mad that the skins aren't also available for b2evo :'( )

10 Jun 25, 2009 22:42

mochababy wrote:

and if people like it I

Sheesh, drink some coffee and stop begging already :|

imho, nice skin, excusing the fixed width stuff ... I'm not really into fixed width ... have you considered pinning the "footer" graphics to the bottom of <body> ?

<textarea> blows out of the layout for me as well .... even though I have a huge amount of wasted space on either side of the fixed width ( thankfully centered ) skin .... did I mention that I'm not into fixed width sites? ;)

Evo can always do with more skins, you should submit that one ;)

¥

Form is loading...