Recent Topics

1 Sep 09, 2009 14:42    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hello fellow 2evolutioners,

We use B2evolution into a little intranet, the install is fully closed to the outside world (google,bot,rss) so using rss to get update would not be possible. instead we would like to use notification by email when members of the intranet edit a post.

we know there is already a way to get update by email when members comment on blog post, but what we need is a way to get an email each time a member edit/change even the date or the status of a post. so we can track changes in the existing post instead of creating a new one to get notifications working.

would this be possible ?

ps: there is a old [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=1911&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=notify]notify hack thread[/url] but this would work for new post, what we are looking for is a plugin or a hack to get update each time members change X on a existing post.

cheers,

B.

2 Sep 09, 2009 16:49

I don't have a solution for you, but just because you are in an intranet doesn't mean RSS is not a workable tool. The only thing you need is a feed reader that works inside your intranet. My company has a huge intranet with feeds for all kinds of different bits. Feed readers on the inside can read them as well as feeds from outside, but once you're out (obviously) you can't get the intranet feeds.

I guess you would also have to have an aggregator that would consider a content change as reason to highlight as new eh? I'm guessing most do but I don't really know that.

Form is loading...