Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2009 01:59    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have been looking and looking for a way to use B2 for future projects. I am not real happy about it but we have come to the conclusion that we need to use WordPress for some of the stuff we are doing now.

I wish I was code smart like a few I look up to here and could help develop some stuff.

The sticky feature that was dropped by the developer is one thing that we were looking for, also a skin simular to the magazine and gallery skins are what we are useing for our next project.

The B2 is a great blog the multi blog system and stats are huge to us but for commerce use we are having a little difficulty.

Thanks for everything you have done.
not being a d__K, I just care.
Brad West ~ onomoney

2 Oct 27, 2009 09:02

Hi Brad

Could you clarify what you mean when you say:

The sticky feature that was dropped by the developer is one thing that we were looking for

The latest b2evo has the intro posts which keep a post at the top (sticky) of all other posts. Is that what you mean ?

As for the skin, surely you would have to develop a WP theme to be the same as your site just like you would for b2evo?

L

3 Oct 28, 2009 00:15

Thanks for the answer Lee.

I didn't realize there was intro posts that stick on the top of the page. sorry for that is it done by checking the "Featured post" check box. If it is that is totally cool.

As far as the skin we are trying to build two sites that are simular that we want to look like this [url=http://puppetfamily.com]Puppets[/url] or this one [url=http://fuzzywuzzyanipals.com]Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals[/url] the sidebar dosn't want to corporate with me at this point on this skin so I just shut it off on the test site I have and it works fine just adding as normal.

The thing is WP dosn't have multi blogs so this is the only front page that there will be for all posts.

With B2 something like this I think would run on every blog. That would be like perfect.

Still having issues with both sides of this dilemma.

I think I may have to learn how to make the wp skins work on B2 the multi blog format seems to be more seo powerful.

Thanks for RTing Sheryl's comment about B2 stats that to us is a huge plus with B2 also.

Form is loading...