Recent Topics

1 Nov 05, 2009 07:57    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I have version 2.4.6 installed on my server already..

www.sweetbluesnw.com/blogs

I'm trying to install 3.3.1 now here: (on a separate database)

www.sweetbluesnw.com/blog

and using the same steps that succeeded before, I now get
the error messages. (below)

the conf dir and the config files are set to 666. Not sure
what else to do..

Any ideas,,
Thanks,,

Warning: main(/home/ronblues/domains/sweetbluesnw.com/public_html/blog/install/../conf/_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ronblues/domains/sweetbluesnw.com/public_html/blog/install/index.php on line 19

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ronblues/domains/sweetbluesnw.com/public_html/blog/install/../conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ronblues/domains/sweetbluesnw.com/public_html/blog/install/index.php on line 19

2 Nov 05, 2009 19:48

Is this the wrong place to ask? I've done these installations
before without any hickups,, could it be a problem with the
PHP or Mysql versions? Anyway,, a tip or two to steer me in
the right direction would be great. My PHP version is 4.4.9
Mysql is 5.0.67

Thanks,
Ron
www.sweetbluesnw.com

3 Nov 06, 2009 17:21

I tried another option,, upgrading the current installation 2.4.6
to 3.3.1 rather than starting from scratch,, I got the same result.

It's just as bothersome getting no support from the support forum.

Ron

4 Nov 06, 2009 17:43

RonB wrote:

Warning: main(/home/ronblues/domains/sweetbluesnw.com/public_html/blog/install/../conf/_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Well, that looks like a permission problem. Make sure the _config.php file has the permissions 666. The conf directory needs -- in your case -- at least the read and execute permissions, e. g. 755 or 775 to allow write access for the user only or the user and the group, respectively. Note that these permissions may be insecure, depending on your system setup...

Form is loading...