Recent Topics

1 Nov 09, 2009 14:26    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1-stable

i used 1. something a year or two ago and after upgrading and losing everything, i've decided to use the latest version and give myself headaches.

here is what is happening, or not happening.

1. after making posts, the category post numbers don't update

eg. Category
Work (5)
Home (2)

that's not happening - has that been removed?

2. i cannot get rid of excerpts. i don't mind for text posts, but when i post an image as the main body of the post, it displays nothing

3. adding images - when did this become so difficult?
i cant really remember how i did it in the previous version, but now i have to link and then that resizes and you click for a bigger version etc - yawn!

is there a way to get the url without having to open the target, right click (IE properties / FF copy image location) and then paste into the post?

4. full page background colour.
basically, i have edited the glossyblue skin, and set my background colour to something like black, but 1/2 the page is white, that is, until you add posts then it fills out.

i'm guessing none of this makes sense, so here:

http://www.mydigital-eye.com/x_x

i'm still editing the skin :D

2 Nov 09, 2009 18:10

You may wish to hold back, a new stable release is about to be .... released

¥

3 Nov 15, 2009 05:07

The image thing is the same in 3.3.2, but I have done a bit of messy hacking and got it back to working the easy peasy simple way. Now you can upload an image, and then click on the "add code to post" and bam it is inserted into your blog using an image tag. Got one little problem when looking at users, but it is minor.

Go to the support forum and look for my name, Kimberly, on a post about " add code to post" and you can read about it.

I am thinking that it is time for new developers to start forking b2evolution to a different blog engine. Did you know that Worldpress is a fork of b2, as b2evolution is a fork of b2?

4 Nov 15, 2009 05:24

kingkongballs wrote:

1. after making posts, the category post numbers don't update

eg. Category
Work (5)
Home (2)

that's not happening - has that been removed?

Yup. A long time ago. Getting the number of posts per category was extremely heavy on the server because it did it each time the information was needed. Rather than change a value in a field associated with the category when a post was created or modified or deleted, the feature was removed. Such is life eh?

kingkongballs wrote:

2. i cannot get rid of excerpts. i don't mind for text posts, but when i post an image as the main body of the post, it displays nothing

This one I don't understand. It might be a v3 thing I guess? Excerpts existed in v2.* but I've no problem not using them and not dealing with them. Could you clarify what you mean a bit more?

Form is loading...