Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2009 11:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hey b2evolution people

wondering if anyone can tell me why and how i can fix some display problems in internet explorer. when updating my blog i use firefox and when viewing it in firefox it's fine, but when viewing it in internet explorer a lot of the punctuation marks come up as question marks.

any help much appreciated!

jessop

www.jessieandthegiantplate.com

2 Nov 14, 2009 12:58

In the head of your blog you have

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB">

however the opening div for each post has...

<div id="item_68" lang="en-US"> 
			<div class="post"> 

I don't have IE at hand, the site renders fine with Safari, Chrome and Firefox on a MAc, but also shows up your problem with Opera.

I don't know if the different "lang" issue is causing it but it might be worth looking at.

3 Nov 14, 2009 13:05

Can you identify a post that you're having this trouble with? A quick glance at the linked page in IE7.whatever showed me no question marks that I thought shouldn't be question marks is the thing.

Also what version of IE are you seeing the problem in?

4 Nov 14, 2009 13:11

@EdB first paragraph, first post... as I said, in Opera

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I?ve recently discovered the ?little town? next to the university

5 Nov 14, 2009 13:30

Interesting...

Opera v10.0 on a PC with Windows XP has single quotation marks around little town. Nonetheless, it still might be related to the different lang attribute. Shouldn't be, but might be.

6 Nov 15, 2009 06:50

I didn't find anything wrong in IE8 FF Safari and Opera.

There's a default plugin in b2evo which converts special characters and quotes, make sure it's enabled.

7 Nov 16, 2009 09:54

thanks for all the helpful replies!

and sam2kb, where is this 'default plugin in b2evo which converts special characters and quotes'??? i've looked but so far had no luck!

thanks again!

jessop

8 Nov 16, 2009 16:57

Texturize - Smart quotes + additional typographic replacements.

9 Nov 17, 2009 13:14

It's all fine for me in IE8.

10 Feb 14, 2010 06:33

I just discovered I'm having the same problem and fortunately one of the members of my LinkedIn group contacted me to tell me.

ALL the pages look fine across the board except for ONE. There's a separate blog named Interviews and that page shows NOTHING AT ALL in Internet Explorer. I mean, I log into the backoffice and all the text of the posts is GONE. Like I never typed a word except the title. It's the weirdest thing. In Firefox there's the whole page. Any suggestions. I'd like to get this fixed over the weekend but I don't even know where to start.

The site is at www.cw-connect.com and it's the Interviews link. Firefox good, IE bad.

11 Apr 11, 2011 09:11

Up until now, Internet Explorer still doesn’t work well with b2evolution so I am using Firefox instead. It is very awful that I cannot use b2evolution with IE because I am creating site that should be able to be opened to different browser. So I quit using IE because besides there are less people that uses it now.

*links removed*

12 Sep 07, 2011 10:47

John wrote:

In the head of your blog you have

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB">

however the opening div for each post has...

<div id="item_68" lang="en-US"> 
			<div class="post"> 

I don't have IE at hand, the site renders fine with Safari, Chrome and Firefox on a MAc, but also shows up your problem with Opera.

I don't know if the different "lang" issue is causing it but it might be worth looking at.

I'm pretty sure the lang attribute is just for the semantic web and is ignored by browsers (the more likely case is a font that doesn't have the proper characters). But any case, the only fault here is selecting British English for the blog's locale and then selecting American English for the post languages (an easy mistake, I'm sure). It's generally considered good practice to not include the country code unless it's important (if something can be read by Americans, Britons, Australians, etc., what use is including the language code?).

13 Sep 07, 2011 11:03

voloutWBro wrote:

Up until now, Internet Explorer still doesn’t work well with b2evolution so I am using Firefox instead. It is very awful that I cannot use b2evolution with IE because I am creating site that should be able to be opened to different browser. So I quit using IE because besides there are less people that uses it now.

*links removed*

IE generally sucks, but it shouldn't be that hard to hack at your theme to make it work at least reasonably.

Form is loading...