Recent Topics

1 Nov 23, 2009 17:27    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

See, this is an interesting topic that none decided to tackle yet. Can a user delete their account? Can B2 have a feature like this. The same way a user is deleted by the administrator, said user should have the same privilege of deleting themselves. anyone know how to hack this?

2 Dec 07, 2009 03:11

The easiest way would be a "close account" feature where a field in the DB would mark the account as closed and not let anyone log in on that account anymore.

Not sure that's sufficient for what you want though.

3 Dec 07, 2009 07:52

fplanque wrote:

The easiest way would be a "close account" feature where a field in the DB would mark the account as closed and not let anyone log in on that account anymore.

Not sure that's sufficient for what you want though.

that would work too, then there would be scripts that run to "clean-up" the database. I say it should be a core feature though. If the blog has avatars and all these cool features, eventually it will become a community and people will want to leave a community and the admin always deleting isn't exactly the best case and the easiest thing to do.

Think about a community with over 10k members. Then think about the maintenance needed. Members quit and members join, but still it maintains around the 10k mark. I'm not lazy but I have better things that I could be doing with that time!

4 Apr 23, 2010 16:52

Any plans for making this a feature? I think it would be easier if it was deleted on the spot and not just marked in the database. That's just another thing to do (or clean up)

If there are files I could modify, I would love to know how I could implement this myself.

Form is loading...