Recent Topics

1 Nov 29, 2009 10:34    

My b2evolution Version: [3.3.0-rc1]

Dear b2-pros

I am enthusiastic about all the possibilities that b2 offers.
But I have one problem: I am using the photoblog skin for uploading pics of my 8-month journey through Asia and I am working a lot with categories.
http://creactivist.de/travelblog/blog4.php

I have already learnt that I can choose a default-category and all pics I would upload go straight into this category. Great! But if I want to select a second category I must do this manually and picture by picture.... Being often in remote places among Asia with just a very slow internet this can be a real pain in the A.. if working over some hundred pics.

So where is the info of the category stored? Is there like one file describing all the categories of the posts or are there links in a certain directory??
It can't be the only way that I have to click through every single pic to change its category, I hope!

I'd love to get some help on this!!
thanx!
roland

p.s.: excuse my english I'm not a nativ speaker
p.p.s.: In a new version it would actually be great if one could have a matrix view: all pics in a column and the different categories in the rows...

2 Nov 29, 2009 15:00

Category information is stored in the database in evo_categories and is linked to posts in evo_postcats, the main category is set in evo_items__item

¥

3 Dec 02, 2009 11:35

Thanks for the quick answer! So I really need to get into the database. :-/ Sounds tricky...
It would really be nice to have this functionality within the backoffice - just a matrix view of all pics with their categories.

4 Jan 20, 2010 16:52

¥åßßå, or anyone else for that matter.

I'm looking to do some major changes to our categories. I think I can manage the main category changes through SQL, but I can't figure out where the "extra" categories are located.

I.e. I have several posts that are listed under "I Like Food", but then they each have sub categories of specific cuisine types. The food category shows up in evo_items, but I can't find the sub categories listed anywhere.

Any help would be great.

Form is loading...