Recent Topics

1 Mar 03, 2010 20:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am curious as to whether the orange, b2evolution skin is available for download. I am not planning on using it stock, but I want to use it as a basis for my own skin. I like the format & look of the tabs at the top of the page, and I'd like to *not* have to create that from scratch. And I don't see it in the available skin downloads.

Yes, I know I can siphon the css and images manually from the site. I can do that if I need to, but downloading a skin would just be easier.

2 Mar 04, 2010 03:30

IMO, "Gimme or i ll rip it" is not really *asking*..
But now that you thought you have asked; it is not available as a skin AFAIK, and i believe it should not be replicated without permission either

3 Mar 04, 2010 03:49

@tilqicom

I generally agree. I do not think that the skin used on the b2e site should be replicated recognizably. I would be happy if I found another skin that had nicely formed tabs in the top menu.

FWIW, I was not of the "give me or I'll rip it" persuasion. I added the "Yes, I know" line because I had a few people tell me that's how I should do it. But what I would do is use the tab images, etc. to create my own copies from scratch that were more to my liking. You would never even guess that my site was based on the b2e skin.

>it is not available as a skin AFAIK

That's what I think too, but I had to try.

4 Mar 04, 2010 08:18

fair enough.. and i would partially agree that tabs-sliding doors- are not anyones exclusive possession, i could help you with that, let me know if you need

Form is loading...