Recent Topics

1 Mar 05, 2010 21:48    

As I was reading through the chat, I saw a post asking about where the newbies congregate. That may be wonder if perhaps a Newbie section to the Forum would be a good idea. Of course Newbies can post in the other help section, but newbie posts get lost easily and if not answered means possibly losing new b2evolution users. In fact, I once saw where a new user to b2evolution got frustrated he could not get an answer and said that he was just going to leave and go use Wordpress.

A Newbie section would be where new users to b2evoultion could post, as a lot of them are about basic setup and getting started. The more knowledgeable people would know that these people are newbies, and would be more patient and understanding when answering them. Plus, anyone new to b2evolution would know the questions asked in the newbie section are people just like them, new to b2evolution, and that the questions are all newbie questions unlike the other help section that is full of season users' questions.

-Kimberly.

2 Mar 12, 2010 10:27

I hope there's a newbiew section tooo. but if you have questions? just post it and we will help.

do you have any issues using b2evolution? what version?

thanks

3 Mar 20, 2010 07:48

I'm currently thinking about using b2evolution for my next web site. A newbie section would help me greatly.

4 Mar 20, 2010 10:40

hi Daniel.

I think this is still universal. I mean, just post your questions if you have issues using b2evolutionl always go first to http://manual.b2evolution.net/ then the FORUM.

I think b2evolution is very easy to use, no need for a newbie section

5 Apr 04, 2010 00:28

As a newbee here I actually couldn't agree more with jmcausing.

It's an unwritten rule that people who need help seek out forums to find solutions to problems. It is also an unwritten rule that there are people out there who visit forums, voluntarily, to assist those who've found it through Google,Yahoo etc. etc. They tend to like to have all subjects grouped together.

I used these boards, as a lurker, to help me get my weblog up and running. There are things I don't understand and things I do. If I have a question, as a newbee or as an exprienced user, I need to first; consult the manual (RTFM), use the forum search function, or if all is lost find the relevant board to ask my question.

Caching Newbees into an area would result in topics being spattered accross the boards, the topic is important - not the members rank or ability.

Just my 2 cent

Regards

Andy

6 Oct 12, 2011 11:42

It doesn't matter how experienced or knowledgeable or how long you have been using it, we are all a newbie when it comes to something we don't know or understand.

Form is loading...