Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2010 20:01    

I have noticed that we have a mailing module but not an official newsletter module for our CMS. Correct me if I'm wrong but these days, most of the CMS I know all come with a newsletter module. What is the difference between mailer and newsletter module. Simple, integration and control. With the newsletter module in other systems you can unsubscribe from the newsletter and also you can manage users/blacklist individuals and such. It is created in such a way that it uses the system yet is still an extension/plugin. This is what I propose for B2evo4

2 Apr 28, 2010 00:34

Did you check the demo? There's a messaging module in b2evo 4.

3 Apr 28, 2010 03:16

wow, that's cool. No I didn't get to test it out yet. We really should make it so that you can send out emails and manage emails and subscription statuses and such if that's not included already.

Wow now I'm excited to try version 4 out. Can't wait til it passes beta, I might put it on my production server.

5 Apr 28, 2010 06:43

sam2kb wrote:

You can test it in demo http://test.b2evo.net/HEAD/blogs/admin.php?login=admin&pwd=demopass

This is a shortcoming in my eyes. First off, why create a whole new tab just to do the same thing you could have done before as the admin? Just now its in the backoffice. If this is to make any sense it has to be extended. Really and truly the only feature I see that's any different is the fact that you can do group discussions and message more than one person if you enter their name seperated by commas.

what about the idea of a newsletter. Where you can inform everyone, informally, what you are doing and/or blogging about. This messaging module also doesn't handle members subscribed to the posts or comments, or was that a plugin. I forget but I don't this this messaging module really does anything for me sadly.

6 Apr 28, 2010 07:49

I hope it's not final and will be improved.
At least administrators should be able to send messages to user groups instead of individual members.

By now it's still far from what Mail sender plugin does :(

7 Apr 28, 2010 16:55

sam2kb wrote:

I hope it's not final and will be improved.
At least administrators should be able to send messages to user groups instead of individual members.

By now it's still far from what Mail sender plugin does :(

Exactly! I really want to work with your plugin, maybe I can do some magic and see if you like my code. I really love the functionality. The only problem I'm having now is the error when it comes to sending a lot of messages :(

Form is loading...