Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2010 03:30    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hi guys,

is there a "Quote of the Day" type plug-in available that I could stick to the right menu bar or so that rotates a few quotes that I enter?

Cheers,
Rainer

2 May 06, 2010 03:30

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

How about a customizable "Quote of the Day" plugin similar to what's available for Wordpress (see here http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cd-qotd/)

Would be nice to to be able to provide own quotes rather than simply pointing to a quotes website.

Would be nice to have...

-Rainer

3 May 06, 2010 19:08

you can get around it with creating a "quote blog" just for the quotes and getting quotes out of it as you wish /*random, by date, most ... etc..*/..

if you insist on not having a seperate blog just for that, and would like to have a simple plugin, i might give it a shot some time.. but i reckon it would not have much advanced properties you can play with.. just a text field, a db table to store your quotes by id and date, and that's all i presume.

another third opinion, how bout a 'quote' for "post-type"... i didnt actually make use of "post-type"s before.. any idea on that ?

5 May 07, 2010 12:37

rrohde wrote:

Hi tilqicom and thanks for your reply.

I think something along these lines would be perfect:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cd-qotd/

--Rainer

It does not have a demo, and i dont have a wp install but i can guess what it does.
The thing is you dont actually need a plugin... why dont you just create if not a blog, at least a category for "quotes"; create posts under that and display them as you wish; with a widget, as content, whatever

6 May 07, 2010 20:42

Well, for me personally I would simply like to have the mechanism that provides and rotates the quotes in the background rather than them being blog posts that are displayed in a certain way.

A plugin along the lines of the aforementioned one available for WP seems to do just that - rotates whatever quotes I would enter in the backend.

I am not a technical person myself, but that's how I feel it *should* be. :)

Thanks,
Rainer

Form is loading...