Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2010 21:55    

Heyo,

We run this amazing blog utility and recently when I upgraded to 3.3.3 we noticed that about half of our cut/pastes from word docs include partial Microsoft Word xml formatting instructions.

We get errors about "invalid tag xml" and while I can turn that off... it doesn't stop that code from displaying. It's as if the code is partially there.

However, should I take the exact same cut... and paste it into wordpad and THEN into the text editor for a new post... it turns out fine.

Here are sample docs for you to test.

http://www.ies.ncsu.edu/problem.doc
http://www.ies.ncsu.edu/problem.docx

Thanks for your help!!

2 May 17, 2010 14:04

Any dev's see this and can reply?

3 May 17, 2010 14:26

Firstly, afaic this is not a bug..so i am moving it to support forum.

If you copy&paste directly from a word document or an html; while you are at the WYSIWYG screen, it tries to paste the content with the styles and the tags therefore you may encounter validation problems, you can turn off all of the validation checkings, but i guess you have not closed "all" of them off, so it does not allow you to post...

otoh, when you get that content and paste it to a wordpad/notepad first, it gets stripped of it's tags and classes, you get just the pure characters, that's that does not fail.

let us know if you need further clarification on that.

4 May 17, 2010 19:43

I understand exactly what it's doing. My question is trying to figure out why it just started doing this with .docx and .doc copy pastes. No patches have been issued that are wide spread covering of MSWord files.

These same files posted into FCKEditor don't have this issue.

Now, while I COULD turn off the warnings, all it would do is allow users to post content that would then display lots of tag information which is why I leave the errors on.

I've isolated this to our most recent upgrade from 2.7.1 to 3.3.3. Something changed in the WYSIWYG. If this isn't considered a bug I don't know what is.

I have not been able to narrow down what causes this issue between documents, only that this issue only came around when we upgraded b2evolution.

5 May 17, 2010 20:40

Something changed in the WYSIWYG

I bet b2evo updated TinyMCE plugin

Did you try using "Paste from Word" button?

Form is loading...