Recent Topics

1 May 25, 2010 11:03    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3

At one time I created a custom skin in version 1.86 to have the blog integrate with the rest of my website. But I decided that was too much work, and now I just use b2evo as my main website.

I finally upgraded from 1.86 to 3.3 and started updating the blog again. I would like the sidebars to be permanent. No matter what skin, no matter what blog, not matter what post, I would like the sidebars to show up. And have the post show up in the middle like it does for the normal blog view.

How do I enable this? it's been almost 2 years since I've upgraded, and I've almost forgotten how to use this software lol.

http://www.stellamarie.com/index.php/new-links-on-the-right-hand-side

2 May 25, 2010 15:50

You can not make it appear on every skin, as every skin uses its own widget containers, however you can make sure the sidebar exists in everywhere in your selected skin...

Just make sure sidebar is included in index.main.php (and in posts.main.php and single.main.php if you have those)

4 Jun 01, 2010 10:38

It too am looking where to place the code in the single.main.php so I can have the sidbar on every page. I am using the evopress page. Thank you

tilqicom wrote:

You can not make it appear on every skin, as every skin uses its own widget containers, however you can make sure the sidebar exists in everywhere in your selected skin...

Just make sure sidebar is included in index.main.php (and in posts.main.php and single.main.php if you have those)

<?php
// ------------------------- SIDEBAR INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_sidebar.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default BODY footer by copying the
// _body_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ----------------------------- END OF SIDEBAR -----------------------------
?>

Form is loading...