Recent Topics

1 Aug 15, 2004 17:05    

Hello,

I'm a newbie of B2. :D My posts are written in xml, (I've got my own tags, and I use some namespaces - tei:page or docbook:paragraph ...)

It is thus vital that all the tags remain exactly as typed.
Can someone tell me how to stop all the corrections applied to my posts so that it is left inchanged (well, as a matter of fact, auto Link and auto P are really useful)?

*Is there an "allow all tags", "allow all html", "allow xml" function ?

*What shall I do for the " (double quotes) around my attributes not being stripped ? :>

Hopefully I am in the right forum :oops: If not, please, don't flame too hard ;)

Vendo[list][/list:u]

2 Aug 15, 2004 18:58

at the moment the best solution is to transform " : < > to their html-code like &gt; &lt; ...

3 Aug 15, 2004 19:46

Hallo Kiesow,

Thank you for being concerned by my problem. Unfortunately, this solution outputs the tags < and > in the page. My difficulty is to keep the tags, well formed as I typed them, in the code source. So that, zb. my css can apply the correct style to them.

<div class="theater">
<biblio:title>Romeo and Juliet</biblio:title>
<biblio:author class="capital">Shakespeare</biblio:author>
<tei:scene num="3">
<tei:playIndication>Under a balcony</tei:playIndication>
<tei:text>
<speaker>Romeo</speaker>
bla bla
</tei:text>
</tei:scene>
</div>

<style>
div.theater {background: #E7E3D6;}

bilbio\author.capital {TEXT-TRANSFORM: uppercase;}

tei\:speaker {font-weight: bold;
font-family: Georgia Garamond Verdana;
TEXT-TRANSFORM: uppercase;}
</style>

There must be a way of simply disabling the validator and the filters. But which.???

Hope someone can help me.
Vendo

4 Aug 16, 2004 09:34

sorry, my fault.

open config/_formatting.php and set $use_html_checker and $use_security_checker to 0. does it work?

but be careful because it disables some security options and makes comments vulnerable.

5 Aug 18, 2004 12:33

Thanks a lot for your advice, it works a lot better... but I had to disable the smilies too.

Neverteheless, the namespaces are still a problem:

<doc:title> becomes always <doc :title>

I didnt solve that yet. Maybe a string problem with the database...

I'll try again a couple of times.

Vendo

Form is loading...