Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2010 14:57    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

In the admin area Dashboard: Admin -> Blog settings -> Widgets : there is different sections available where you may add or change different widgets namely HEADER, MENU, PAGE-TOP, SIDEBAR, SIDEBAR 2 making up your entire blog layout. How can I, or what do I need to know if I would like to add a new section? ex. HEADER, MENU, PAGE-TOP, SIDEBAR, SIDEBAR 2, BOTTOM-BLOCK.

I would like to add free html which will float on top of the footer area but which is not part of the footer in order that I may separately style that block.

I already created a new skin containing all the necessary files, but just need to know how the admin area will register the new widget block.

2 Jun 30, 2010 15:52

You need to add a new (unique) container to your skin ( wherever you like ) and then reload your skin

<?php
skin_container( 'Cool' );
?>

¥

3 Jun 30, 2010 20:07

¥åßßå wrote:

You need to add a new (unique) container to your skin ( wherever you like ) and then reload your skin

<?php
?>

¥

In the meanwhile I just re-installed the skin which resolved my issue. Thank you though.

4 Jun 30, 2010 21:26

Achillis wrote:

¥åßßå wrote:

<?php
?>

¥

In the meanwhile I just re-installed the skin which resolved my issue. Thank you though.

next time you dont have to reinstall the skin if the container does not show up.. There's a "reload containers" button, cheers

Form is loading...