Recent Topics

1 Jul 27, 2010 15:50    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I have godaddy as my hosting company and when i try to add a new custom skin, the preview will show, but when i try to install it i get
"
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
"

I searched and could not find anything on this? is it a permissions error or something? I changed the permissions on the new file to 755 and still got nothing.

Thanks in advance!

2 Jul 27, 2010 16:54

Any chance you could paste the url of the page that 500's? ( just need the bit after domain.tld/ )

¥

3 Jul 27, 2010 19:04

might be an ownership problem if you are running suphp.. check the ownerships of your newly uploaded folder/files.. do not use higher level accounts to upload files to a lower level account.. like root > reseller, do not use your root account to upload files to your home/reseller/domain.com/ folder

4 Jul 27, 2010 19:05

I ended up fixing this by copying another skin and not using the the tutorial that is on this site. I modified the code of the working skin and that seemed to work. I can add another and post it if you wish!

5 Jul 27, 2010 19:07

tilqicom wrote:

might be an ownership problem if you are running suphp.. check the ownerships of your newly uploaded folder/files.. do not use higher level accounts to upload files to a lower level account.. like root > reseller, do not use your root account to upload files to your home/reseller/domain.com/ folder

I was using my admin account and uploading to a subdirectory of my main site, so im not sure why that wouldn't work.

Form is loading...