Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2010 21:22    

Hey, guys, here is a very old problem that I never got to report but can be pretty dangerous. In the backoffice, when you have a list with clickable images (post list or widget list are the two where I checked it), the hand cursor tracking is right in IE and Firefox, but flawed in Opera, at least. It looks like the pointing finger is the thumb. You can have the cursor pointing at a post or widget and the focus in the one below it.

This way, it is very easy to delete the wrong post (I know it's happened to me), because the Javascript alert asking you to confirm the operation doesn't show the title of the post you are about to delete. I think that the alert should show some data specific to the post to avoid this possibility, and, if possible, the cursor should behave correctly in all browsers. But this could be Opera's fault, anyway.

2 Sep 19, 2011 14:34

contact the admin about this

3 Sep 19, 2011 15:40

Uh... I am the admin? ;)

4 Sep 19, 2011 18:09

@bit
Do you still have this problem?

I think that the alert should show some data specific to the post to avoid this possibility

That would be the best solution since it could take forever to check all pages in all possible browsers/versions.

5 Sep 19, 2011 19:19

I haven't installed the latest version yet, but in 4.0.5 the problem is still there.

6 Sep 19, 2011 19:23

How about Opera updates, are you using the latest version?

7 Sep 19, 2011 19:59

Yes, latest stable version. I'll check it in the latest beta also.

8 Sep 19, 2011 22:01

I can't confirm the bug in Opera 11.51 win 7-x64. There are other problems though, like small buttons, weird checkboxes and larger/bolder fonts but that's a common thing in Opera and it's the same with all websites :(

Could you post a screenshot?

9 Sep 19, 2011 22:19

It's strange, because I have no problems whatsoever in Opera with fonts and screen elements (I'm in XP). Maybe you accidentaly set the zoom? Try pressing "*" to return to the default size. (But I don't have problems when zooming, either.)

About the screenshot: sorry, I can't do it. The tools I have try to be smart and don't register the cursor in the image. Which is what I want in the 99,99% of the cases... ;)

10 Sep 19, 2011 22:27

Use PrntScr key on the keyboard then paste into ms paint and save as image ;)

It's strange, because I have no problems whatsoever in Opera with fonts and screen elements (I'm in XP). Maybe you accidentaly set the zoom? Try pressing "*" to return to the default size. (But I don't have problems when zooming, either.)

It's not zoom, anyway I don't care much about opera since I only use it for website testing. Similar font rendering problem was in Safari long time ago.

11 Sep 19, 2011 22:51

I did that. The cursor doesn't appear.

Here is the screenshot:

http://screenshotuploader.com/i/L7r478Qk9ww.png

Picture the little hand with the base right above the tooltip, the index finger pointing at the folder in the second row, and the thumb near the top of the highlighted (third) row.

12 Sep 20, 2011 07:30

This is weird. Try another admin skin, maybe disable javascript... I'm out of ideas :(

13 Jan 26, 2012 22:50

It is very easy now !! :)

Form is loading...