Recent Topics

1 Aug 03, 2010 08:18    

Blogging should be made easier, but b2evolution's backoffice has become cluttered and a bit scary for new users. I have had trouble trying to explain how to post... Simple, Expert, HTML, TinyMCE, WYSIWYG...

And the evobar, almost useless in practice except for using the Write and Logout options.
Then there's the main bar which breaks into two lines depending on the language you use.
One of them should go.

Evobar has lots of sub-titles that are not translated, I don't know whether that happens because the titles are not in the main locale files and they are in some other separate files, or if because the locale files are not updated...

Permissions, when assigned to users, should eliminate from the user's backoffice the options which he is not allowed to use. A simple blogger should only be able to see the Write and logout buttons, nothing else.

2 Oct 10, 2010 20:16

gcasanova wrote:

Blogging should be made easier, but b2evolution's backoffice has become cluttered and a bit scary for new users. I have had trouble trying to explain how to post... Simple, Expert, HTML, TinyMCE, WYSIWYG...

And the evobar, almost useless in practice except for using the Write and Logout options.
Then there's the main bar which breaks into two lines depending on the language you use.
One of them should go.

Evobar has lots of sub-titles that are not translated, I don't know whether that happens because the titles are not in the main locale files and they are in some other separate files, or if because the locale files are not updated...

Permissions, when assigned to users, should eliminate from the user's backoffice the options which he is not allowed to use. A simple blogger should only be able to see the Write and logout buttons, nothing else.

Yes, I agree, we will add option to choose if you want the evobar or the other menu or both.

Regarding simple vs Expert, I'm very temped to get rid of the Simple mode but have some blocks collapsed by default on the expert mode. What do you think?

Form is loading...