Recent Topics

1 Jan 09, 2011 23:50    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi,

I'm trying to start a linkblog. Is it possible to change the way the external links are displayed?

Currently a linkblog post looks like this:

Ten rules for writing fiction

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/feb/20/ten-rules-for-writing-fiction-part-one/

In all skins, the title of the post is the permalink of the linkblog post. Is it possible to make it link to the external link so that the body text Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/feb/20/ten-rules-for-writing-fiction-part-one is obsolete?

Thanks for your help!

2 Jan 10, 2011 02:15

Just put the external url in the "Link to url" field of the post instead of the body.
(make sure to change from simple to expert in the post editor)

A linkblog isn't really necessary anymore (unless you have some specific need)... just use the Sidebar Link post-type instead and then use the Simple Sidebar Link List Widget to display them.

3 Jan 10, 2011 03:21

That's what I did. I put the external url in the "Link to url" field of the post. And the result is as described above, see also the demo http://demo1.b2evolution.net/stable/blog3.php

I wanted to use a link blog as delicious-alternative for myself.

4 Jan 10, 2011 07:06

ACK! it's been a while since I've seen the setting... but go to your linkblog's settings and click on the SEO tab. In the first section (Main page/post list), you'll see some options for "Post titles". You'll want to select:

"Link to the "link to URL" specified in the post (if any)"

or:

"Link to the "link to URL" if specified, otherwise fall back to permanent url"

instead of:

"Link to the permanent url of the post"

5 Jan 10, 2011 14:02

Ah thanks a lot!! I wasn't aware of this setting!

The Link: www.link.com text still appears in the body of the post in the skins I tested, though - apart from the basic skin, so there might be more to change. But for me, using the basic skin is ok now

6 Jan 10, 2011 15:00

You can look for the following code in the "_item_block.inc.php" file for your skin and comment out the line that loads the "_item_content.inc.php" file...

skin_include( '_item_content.inc.php', $params );

<?php
	// ---------------------- POST CONTENT INCLUDED HERE ----------------------
	skin_include( '_item_content.inc.php', $params );
	// Note: You can customize the default item feedback by copying the generic
	// /skins/_item_content.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
	// -------------------------- END OF POST CONTENT -------------------------
?>

This will keep the body of the post from displaying in the main posts loop.

7 Jan 10, 2011 15:55

Thanks a lot, that's an option. You inspired my to another solution: To include the _item_content.inc.php from the basic skin

8 Mar 14, 2011 17:41

Hi,

I deleted all the other sample blogs when I created my own, but now I want to create a linkblog (just links to other websites). I enabled the linkblog widget again, and I created a new blog, but I don't see where I can assign this new blog to function as a linkblog. Any help is much appreciated.

9 Mar 14, 2011 19:11

I deleted all the other sample blogs when I created my own, but now I want to create a linkblog (just links to other websites). I enabled the linkblog widget again, and I created a new blog, but I don't see where I can assign this new blog to function as a linkblog. Any help is much appreciated.

You don't need to assign any "special function" to a blog in order to use it as a linkblog.

Just create posts with titles and an external url in the 'Link to' field (click on the expert mode tab to see the 'Link to' field) in your "Link blog"

Then in another blog, add a linkbog widget to a container and tell it which blog to use.

10 Mar 20, 2011 20:29

Hm , even when I select:

"Link to the "link to URL" specified in the post (if any)"

the the rss feed still links to the permalink and not to the external link

Form is loading...