Recent Topics

1 Jan 27, 2011 20:33    

Today all of a sudden my template elements were all over the place.
As it turned out, responsible for this problem is the Adsense plug in.
Although in Global settings the code renders properly, if you make any changes in the Blog settings >> plug-in "Adsense Block" or link to a Twitter account and then click "save", it will cut the src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script> down to src="http://p leaving blog pages pages without in-line ads, while also affecting your skin.
The only way to solve this, is to uninstall and then reinstall the plugin in Global settings, after which pasting your Adsense code anew, and NOT touch the code in Blog settings, nor click "save" after linking to Twitter.
Hope this helps someone.

2 Apr 28, 2011 07:43

I am having a similar problem, but I cannot fix it the way you suggest. The Update button for the Adsense block always cuts off the text regardless of reinstalling the Adsense plug in. I have not found anything that will make this work properly. This happened "all of a sudden" after working well for some time. The Reset button no longer works either. It does nothing at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 Apr 28, 2011 08:19

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Hi all!

I've recently created my adsense account and tought it would be nice to configure it with b2 adsense plugin.

After installation and configuration I've found that under Blog settings -> Plugin settings all imput I'm trying to save is truncated to a fixed number of characters.

Attempt to configure plugin under Global settings works fine, but when I've edited it per blog basis I can't make it to get adsense code from global settings.

Am I doing something wrong or it's a bug?

TIA

[EDIT] I've just realized that this post should be in Plugins & Extensions - Please move it. Sorry for inconvenience.

4 Apr 28, 2011 09:46

Thanks for the info. I'll check it

5 Apr 28, 2011 10:22

Fixed in CVS.

Run this SQL query to fix the bug

ALTER TABLE evo_coll_settings MODIFY COLUMN cset_value VARCHAR(10000) NULL

7 Apr 28, 2011 15:31

@sam2kb:
The SQL query fixed the problem! Thank you very much!

8 Apr 29, 2011 11:18

sam2kb wrote:

@gstlt
I merged your post to this topic.

Great, thanks.

It worked fine. But I've got another problem with the same plugin. Now I can't change default number of adsense blocks.

Can you give me a hint where to start debugging?

I'll create a new thread on this if you want me to.

9 Apr 30, 2011 08:24

Run this

ALTER TABLE evo_coll_settings MODIFY COLUMN cset_name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL

Form is loading...