Recent Topics

1 Jul 04, 2011 18:51    

My b2evolution Version:

I did a search here first and only found references to older versions which didn't work.

I just want to remove the date like in this http://www.nixonvs.com/blog/index.php/linkedin-groups-101-design-your-group-before-sending-invitations where it says By NVS on Apr 26, 2011. Honestly, it doesn't even need to say "By NVS on".

Would someone be kind enough to suggest where I find the code for this? I'm using the evocamp template, modified of course.

Thanks much!

2 Jul 06, 2011 05:01

Anybody at all - step right up. LOL!

3 Jul 07, 2011 22:59

Is there anyone who knows if I should be posting this elsewhere? What's up people? Sam2k, anyone???

4 Jul 07, 2011 23:00

And by the way, I got the date removed from part of the blog, on the individual posts but still can't see where to remove it from the main page that shows the beginning of all posts.

Also, can you remove dates from the visitor comment? Please someone.

Thank you kindly.

5 Jul 08, 2011 05:52

What's up people? Sam2k, anyone???

I kinda like this :)

still can't see where to remove it from the main page that shows the beginning of all posts.

Search for similar code in your skin files, it should be only in _item_block.inc.php though

$Item->author( array(
		'before'       => T_('By').' ',
		'after'        => ' ',
	) );
$Item->issue_time( array(
		'before'      => /* TRANS: date */ T_('on '),
		'after'       => '',
		'time_format' => 'M j, Y',
	) );

Also, can you remove dates from the visitor comment? Please someone.

Copy the file /skins/_item_comment.inc.php into your skin, and remove the following code

<?php $Comment->date() ?> @ <?php $Comment->time( 'H:i' ) ?>

6 Jul 08, 2011 19:41

sam2kb wrote:

What's up people? Sam2k, anyone???

I kinda like this :)

yea, like year2k :D

7 Jul 08, 2011 20:04

What I mean is nobody else seems to care answering questions on this forum :(

8 Jul 08, 2011 21:07

nobody else doesnt even bother to "ask" questions, let alone answering them.

I answer from time to time, i just dont care about her in this case, cause she is mean :P

9 Jul 10, 2011 01:59

Thank you, Sam2k. And Tilqicom, I don't know what experience I've had with you but shame you feel that way.

I'll try out the code immediately, Sam! You're the guru.

10 Feb 05, 2012 19:51

Hey guys. Took a break from my site. I still can't get the dates removed from the previews of my posts. Any other ideas? I tried commenting out the code suggested above but still no results.

11 Feb 05, 2012 20:23

You seem to have the date disabled only in _single.main.php file. Make same changes in _posts.main.php or _item_block.inc.php

12 Feb 05, 2012 20:31

Hi, SAm! Happy new year!

I commented out <?php $Comment->date() ?> @ <?php $Comment->time( 'H:i' ) ?>

in the /skins/_item_comment.inc.php file

Is that the same string I need to search in _posts.main.php or _item_block.inc.php?? I don't seem to have _item_block.inc.php in my skins directory.

13 Feb 06, 2012 05:13

Search for
$Item->issue_time
$Item->issue_date

14 May 04, 2012 13:52

Mike, I gave up the ghost and installed WordPress on my site. Come to the light; come to the light my brother!

In all seriousness, though, never got it to work so I just gave up trying to customize any further. Rather spend more time on my content than this.

Hoping you'll get an answer that works. I'm anxious for you!

"mikewok" wrote:

Guys I have the same issue and I followed your directions but still I cannot remove them. But I really appreciate your help. If you come up with any other solution let us know.

Cheers,

15 May 08, 2012 19:01

And incidentally, I removed the date of a part of the blog may view to the each contributions, however still do not know where it is removing from the main page that shows the beginning of all contributions.

Furthermore you may removed write stems from the visitors comments? Request anybody.

Thank you so much.

Form is loading...