Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2011 19:07    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Greetings -
I upgraded to 4.1.2 when it came out and everything seemed to go fine. However, previously I would get an email when a comment arrived (it defaults to "draft" stage when received) alerting me to the comment and providing links to do quick moderation. Since the upgrade, I am no longer getting those emails - so I don't know about comments until I login to the dashboard and see them.
I cannot see any settings to change that would restore this functionality - suggestions, please.

Blog is at: http://runonsun.com/~runons5/blogs/blog1.php

Thanks... Jim

2 Nov 28, 2011 04:09

Welcome to the forums!

Edit /conf/_advanced.php line 224 and replace it with your previous email address that was working

replace

$notify_from = $instance_name.'-noreply@'.preg_replace( '/^www\./i', '', $basehost );

with similar

$notify_from = 'your@previous.email';

3 Nov 28, 2011 04:37

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Made the change that you suggested and tested by having someone post a comment. No change. I still see the comment on the dashboard, but I am not receiving any email to advise me that the comment needs moderation.

Other thoughts?

Jim

4 Nov 28, 2011 04:42

What b2evolution version did you have before upgrade?

Please set $debug_pwd = 'whatever'; in the same file and PM me the password.

5 Jan 19, 2012 16:34

Did you manage to figure out what was wrong?
I'm on 4.1.1 but I've recently noticed that I was also not seeing notifications. I am certain that mail() is working and emails via contact.php works fine. I've tried changing $notify_from to a valid email but did not fix the issue.

6 Feb 12, 2012 15:13

I'm having a similar problem: My comment notifications are being sent to my e-mail only after I confirm/publish the comments, so I don't know that I've gotten a comment when it arrives!

Any help much appreciated.

Ross

7 Feb 19, 2012 00:18

Still haven't figured out an answer...my comment notifications only come after comment publication.

8 Feb 23, 2012 00:25

I have similar problem. I don't get comment notifications until I visit the admin page of my blog, then bang bang bang all the notification emails in my inbox.

9 Mar 04, 2012 20:53

Comment notification might be configured to be send out with a scheduled task. You will need to create a cron job for it to work.
http://manual.b2evolution.net/Scheduler

Check the status of pings on Blog settings > Advanced
make sure they are "Immediate" if you don't have proper cron job set up.

10 Mar 05, 2012 00:07

I forgot to mention that the problem only happens since upgraded to V412. Previously used V405 and emails are received as comments came in. Since V412, emails only received only when back office is visited.

I didn't change any blog / global settings. Ping status is immediate and no cron jobs setup.

11 Mar 05, 2012 00:42

Interesting...
I will check that.

12 Dec 19, 2012 05:06

I am having a similar problem. Is there anyway around this?

13 Dec 19, 2012 05:12

While checking preferences here for emailing me if comments are made, I went back and checked my preferences on my site and notice this- Notify me by email whenever a comment is awaiting moderation on one of my blogs. I am trying that now to see if that helps. Fingers crossed.

14 Dec 19, 2012 05:33

Yes i have the same problem too (4.1.5) , i dont get notif. emails when there is a new comment "awaiting moderation".

I get "new comment here" emails only after i go to admin and approve the comments

15 Dec 19, 2012 16:22

Update- I checked off the preference "Notify me by email whenever a comment is awaiting moderation on one of my blogs" under my profile (the one that owns my blog), and that seemed to work, although I was logged into the back office at the time. But I suspect this might be what we were all missing. Does anyone know this for sure?

16 Dec 20, 2012 03:33

Yes, this worked! Thanks very much for pointing this out - pretty obvious once you know how!

Form is loading...