Recent Topics

1 Sep 24, 2004 07:32    

I started a new blog detailing my experences installing Gentoo Linux. I was providing a code example for how to display a web page within a console window using the links2 application. The blog entry had the following:

<code>
links2 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
</code>

When published, the above html string displays as a clickable hyperlink and I've yet to figure out how to remove the a href tag aside from manually editing the blog entry in the database.

Is this a bug? How can I stop this from happening?

Edit: Crap, after previewing this post prior to posting it, I noticed that it has been automatically formatted as a hyperlink here too using phpBB...

Any workaround for this?

2 Dec 30, 2004 02:50

In b2evolution, there's a checkbox in lower-right corner of the write/edit screen, that says "Auto Links".

Uncheck that.

3 Jan 02, 2005 01:39

I'm having a similar problem.

1: The url checker is getting hung up on code posted in between code tags. The only way I can get it to post is to remove the checker code in _funchtions.php. Data between the code tags should not be checked for any reason...or at least it should be more lienient. It should convert special characters to html entities as well.

2: Even if I remove the URL check from _functions, and I disable the Auto Link, it still tries to link it.

I'd like to see 'code' text more like it is in phpBB. Code text should also automatically be <pre> as well.
Here is the code I'm trying to post that it's getting hung up on...which is actually from b2e.

echo format_to_output( '<a href="'.$this->url.'">'.$this->url.'</a>', $format );

-Mike

Form is loading...