Recent Topics

1 May 15, 2012 21:15    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Hi!
First of all, I must confess that I didn't pay attention to chita skin because I didn´t like the orange colour. And now I am amazing with this incredible skin.

So, I'd like to duplicate the skin (get a new folder called chita2) and get two different ones. I usually do it with other skins and don't have any problem.

But in Chita case, I get a error related to Chita_skin class. So, I change in _skin_class.php the name of this class replaced with chita2_skin.
And I get instaled the skin. But... after that the skin page don't show any skin...and I can´t change anything either use them.

Any ideas?

2 May 15, 2012 23:57

Thank you for your compliments..The skin is far from being finished.I didnt have any time to review it after the initial release.

You should rename the skin folder to chita2 as well if you change the skin_class afaik.And there are a few other places (script sources etc.) you should edit too.Just make a search within folder for "chita" phrase and make the changes acordingly.

PS:
At the time, the idea was to build a framework to build themes upon.But it's been long time since and pretty much everything is outdated if not obsolete now.

Actually i am thinking of dumping the whole thing and start a template framework from scratch.
A good template framework would solve most of novice users problems (adding logo, slider, gallery, changing colors, layout changes etc.), and allow advanced users to bend it to their will or create sub-templates.

However; such a work would require days/weeks of work, if not months.And the demand is not much, so it wouldnt worth the time it seems.b2 user base is reducing daily, people are dumping b2 and switching to other cms's

3 May 16, 2012 08:31

I already tried looking for "chita" word in the whole folder and found it in the name of three js files and, of course, in _skin_class.php file, as well. But I feel there should be in more places...!?
Ok! Anyway, thanks again for your work. I understand your feelings about if it is worth the time to spend in it.
In my case, even I am surrounding of wordpress hoolingans, I think that b2evolution is still better if you want to get a multiblog-system with a easy instalation. And, so, I am instaling it in a lot of school of my region.

4 May 16, 2012 20:19

yea it sure is a lot better, but almost noone is looking after it.

Anyway, did you rename the skin folder to chita2 as well, after changing the skin class prior to installation ?

5 May 16, 2012 20:37

Yes, I did all the changes prior to install.

After installing, the "only" problem is that I can´t see the skinshots' page ("choose a skin"). On the other hand, when I try to see if I can change the skin in blog's features page, something strange happens: the page only shows features up to the line where the Skin and style [Admin] appears. (And in the manage skins page, only the a few skins below the "chita2" don't appear. Others do.)

I've tried as well going into the database and changing the skin_id. And I got it sucessfully. But the symptoms described before show.

You can see the images of the errors here: http://irati.pnte.cfnavarra.es/kadinet/redes/blogs/index.php/b2apunteak/code-jpg

6 May 29, 2012 07:42

Hi Everyone

It will better if you provide us with the file name causing problem.

Form is loading...