Recent Topics

1 Sep 12, 2012 06:37    

How is it that my stats page is telling me that I'm averaging over 10,000 hits per day, that I have a particular post that shows over 30,000 page views, yet google adsense is saying that I've only gotten 200 page views during the last 30 days???

2 Sep 12, 2012 09:32

you mean analytics ? ad sense is a different story.

Your google analytic numbers would be lower, but more accurate.
b2 stats are not precise, some (most) visits are counted twice

3 Sep 12, 2012 16:03

I don't have google analytics. I'm set up on adsense and I read that adsense was a good source of info as it regards page impressions. When you say that b2 stats are not precise are you referring to the global hits or to page views. For example, the last post that I did was published on 9/2 and it's showing that there's been almost 6000 views since. Is that not accurate?

5 Sep 12, 2012 21:02

OK, so how would I go about getting an accurate read or at least a reasonable idea of how many of the views are genuine? If a post is showing 6000 views, is it half of that? Three-fourths? One-fourth? Thanks

6 Sep 12, 2012 21:45

well, my b2 browser hits say i have 70k pageviews, where google analytics say i have 30k. adding non-js margin, one might assume it half.
However it may vary depending on your blog, plus it might be a little different per post.

7 Sep 12, 2012 22:14

Wow, that's quite a disparity. But thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated. My blog (see link below) is basically a general commentary blog with a few images and occasionally a youtube video, so I'm not sure of how much of a difference that will make. It's pretty simple and straightforward. So in the case of the post that supposedly has over 31,000 views so far, if it's actually only between 10 - 15K views I suppose that it's still a decent number of views. I've only had the blog for just over a year and all of this is still pretty much a learning process for me because I only post something when I'm inspired and have the time. Thanks again!

www.buzzjammer.com

8 Sep 24, 2012 00:19

b2evolution breaks down your hits by hit type. You want to look to browser hits if you want to compare it to other analytics tools. b2evo also shows you robot hits, RSS hits and Ajax hits which other tools don't show you at all. So make sure you look at the breakdown, not the aggregate.

9 Sep 24, 2012 01:46

i DID talk about the browser hits, not the aggregated ones.

But, i have an update; i disabled cache for the blog and pageviews halved, which means, it is almost accurate.

I wonder why did the cache doubled the pageviews ?

Form is loading...