Recent Topics

1 Dec 27, 2004 10:33    

I seem to find it very difficult to copy the text of the blog on the blog homepage. Any juggestion as to what that might be?

3 May 30, 2005 09:07

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Can you rephrase your question ?

4 May 30, 2005 09:56

Timtak, do tou want to show text of posts outside your blog ?

5 Jan 22, 2006 15:07

Sorry, this thread is from about 18 months ago. I forgot to select "Notivy me when a reply is posted" so I did not notice the questions above. Now many months later, I still find it almost impossble to copy posts from my blog.

I have no idea why anyone would find it difficult to understand my question!

I have a blog. Or rather since B2evo is multi blog, I have several. Here is one of them
http://www.nihonbunka.com/shintoblog.php

I look at my blog on the internet by going to the page above.

I try to copy my blog in the usual way that people copy things displayed on the screen. That is to say I depress the left-hand key on the mouse and brush past the text on my blog. But the text is not selected!

If I log into the administration side of my blog then I can copy the raw entry complete with html. But I just want to copy the blog entry as it appears on the internet, in my browser.

It is quite cool, for copyright protection reasons, that it is very difficult to copy a B2 blog. But at the same time it is inconvenient.

I would also like to know how it is done. I would like to be able to copy protect other pages in this way. It is quite miraculous. I have used javascript to copy protect other pages, but as far as I know, B2 is using no such javascript.

I think that this should be a sticky or something. It is sort of difficult to search for this problem on the forums since "copy" is such a common word. But if my memory serves me correctly, there were others with the same problem.

Your advice would be most welcome.

Tim

6 Jan 22, 2006 16:17

the text on your front page IS copyable in ie and ff.

the text on this page:

http://www.nihonbunka.com/shintoblog/2005/02/03/p73#more73

is NOT copyable in IE, but is in Firefox.

The problem is not with b2evo, the problem is with your code, somewhere. Validate your page and you will see several errors, most of them are unimportant, however theres a <div> error and a cpl js things.

I would Pay special attn to the javascript things

7 Jan 23, 2006 02:01

I can not copy on my front page using IE.

Where would I change my javascript settings?

(I don't like the way that when I open a new window using Firefox the new window opens at google or whatever the homepage is set to. IE opens the new window at the page you are looking at. Tabs are a waste of space, since I use the windows bar at the top for tabs.)

Form is loading...