Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2005 03:48    

I've got an unusual install - two instances of b2evo in diff directories, pointing to the same mySQL DB. Each employs a stub file to call b2evo.

The one on our main site www.mysite.com works just fine.

The one on our subdir1.mysite.com pulls up the WRONG skin. In the back office, we've configured the stub file to use the "bluesky" skin. But each time that we call the file directly "sudir1.mysite.com/blogs/stubFile.php" it pulls up the "originalb2" skin instead.

We've even tried overridingt the default skin in the stub file "$skin="bluesky", but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Each time, the default seems to be the "originalb2" skin.

Even if you choose "bluesky" off the skins menu on the page, yes ... bluesky gets shown, but if you click on "comments" or anything, then the "originalb2" skin is shown.

What's goin on here? Any ideas?

TIA

-Scott

2 Jan 03, 2005 04:07

I'll answer that question for you!!

"COOKIES"

If you delete your recent cookies, then it will pull up the correct skin that you've chosen for your default.

Normally, this isn't a problem (because once you've chosen a skin, you generally keep the same one). But in your case, because you're a noob, you're changing skins like people change sweaters ... or smiles.

Anyway ... try it. I think that you'll find it fixes your problem.

(If you can't help yourself, who CAN help you?) Obviously, no one here!!

3 Jan 03, 2005 04:58

stk wrote:

(If you can't help yourself, who CAN help you?) Obviously, no one here!!

Excuse me? 19 whopping minutes after a post you cop an attitude because no one answered? You might consider looking at line 80 in conf/_advanced.php and changing it so that the different installs have different cookie names. See, normally after your visitor has chosen a skin it's stored in a cookie. You don't have to, of course. You could just tell you visitors to purge their cookies every 19 minutes ;)

4 Jan 03, 2005 15:41

Touch? :oops:

Thanks Ed, for the heads up on line 80 & the 'cookie conflict'.

Form is loading...