Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2005 17:11    

Would it be possible to integrate b2 into phpBB. I'd like it to make a new post in on both on submitting an article, and comments to be connected to the forum so that all comments are made there. I am capable of coding this myself, but has anyone tried it?

2 Jan 04, 2005 18:31

well, I've worked out the post part with an RSS feed mod for phpBB. Now, I just need to connect the comments with the post.

3 Jan 05, 2005 12:08

This is probably a bit late, but I've been trying to do the samething with my website for a while now and finally have something that works (for the most part).

Netclectic wrote a generic insert_post() script thingy a while back ( I can't seem to find a link to it right now) to insert into phpbb. I rewrote the script to practice using classes and whatnot and have a working solution that works a little more smoothly with b2evolution.

To link the b2evo post with phpbb I added a new mysql column in *_posts that stores the number of the phpbb post ID. Than I had the b2evo skin pull that ID and link to the post in the forum instead of linking to the b2evo comments.

It's still a little rough right now and it's not really ready to be posted as a hack or plugin yet (I also managed to get import-mt.php to work with it too if that's of any help). I can e-mail you a copy of what I have though if you want to take a look at it and see if it helps you out at all.

4 Feb 19, 2005 21:43

Has anyone managed this yet?

5 Nov 21, 2006 02:21

I stopped work on this because I switched to SMF then to vBulletin. I'm sure it would be easier with vB because of the hooks they provide, but I've switched all my member focus from the blog to the forum.

6 Jan 31, 2007 03:40

Hi there,

I was thinking in something different. My idea was to create a common user to B2evo and PHPBB. By this way, each time a user creates an account into B2evo, automatically a phpBB is created. Is that possible?

Form is loading...