Recent Topics

1 Jan 06, 2005 22:51    

When I skinned my blog I expected it to set a cookie so that when I went back it would show the skin I selected but it doesn't, it always shows the default skin. I use Firefox - is it a Firefox issue or do skins not use cookies?

Thanks - Shelagh

2 Jan 06, 2005 23:07

Try either including the www. in front of your domain or removing it from your $baseurl in conf/_config. I visited your site, selected a skin, left your site, went back, and did not see the proper skin. I then looked at my cookies and saw that your cookie is for www.domainname, so I put a www. in front of your domain and got the skin I selected.

3 Jan 07, 2005 09:11

The URL works both with and without the www - shouldn't the cookie?

4 Jan 07, 2005 15:12

not if you've hard-coded the cookie domain to www.blah.com and you're accessing it through blah.com. It works the other way around though.

6 Mar 06, 2005 18:25

Well, removing the www from the baseurl makes the skins work the way I wanted them to :) Unfortunately it seems to have had the side-effect of not recording my stats properly. It's taken me ages to work out what I changed! Since the 6 January only a couple of visits per week have been recorded - presumably these are the people that use the URL without the www. Is there any way to have my cake and eat it? I would like my skins to work for people regardless of whether they use the www but I would also like accurate (ish) stats. Given that my domain stats are so full of referral spam they're useless I have relied a lot on the b2 stats to get some idea of where my visitors are coming from as it's so easy to get rid of the spam from them.

Thanks - Shelagh

Form is loading...