Recent Topics

1 Jan 09, 2005 16:35    

Well, my subject line says it all. Except for the fact that it seems to be an issue in posts with images--which is most of my posts these days. It also seems to affect primarily the latest post. And it's not so much slow loading as incomplete displaying--most of the text displays, but a chunk will not display until I toggle once or twice between programs.

Apologies in advance if this is just a problem with my own browser or RAM limitations or something like that. But I guess my question is, can anyone tell me what's causing it, and is there any way I can fix it if it is a problem that other users are experiencing?

Here's the site in question: http://www.mbroder.com/blogs

THANKS!!!

Michael

2 Jan 09, 2005 17:56

IE right? I just learned about the "disappearing text" on one of my applications, but it only happens in IE. In my case it was happening when the avatar was taller than the space required for the post (like very little text). Further, the text would vanish when you moused over a link. I duplicated the 'mouseover a link makes text go byebye' on your page, so it's pretty much the same thing.

The text is still there - it just becomes hidden. You can click and drag where the text belongs and you'll see it in the highlighted 'reverse video' way. Once highlighted you can click visible text in a different post and your previously invisible text will show up again. Mouse over a link and it'll vanish again.

My solution was to tell my users "get a real browser or eat the defects". Not much of a solution, but I'm sick and tired of trying to code through hoops to make IE look good.

Form is loading...