Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2005 03:25    

Not at the beginning at least. I use Mozilla, so testing vioxx-update.com, I find it Mozilla reads the google adwords just fine. On IE tho, the first thing google ad words picks up is Cascading Style Sheets. It's not until you click on content that it finds the right words. Can someone trouble shoot for me?

Also, be nice. This is the first time I have blogged and I am not a developer by trade...first time. Using a lot of trial and error to get this thing working. I made some major mistkes that are still evident, but I think the site accomplishes what I want it to at this point. Tho I am open to tips, tricks and advice going forward...

take care

2 Feb 10, 2005 04:01

ejv wrote:

Can someone trouble shoot for me?

Also, be nice. This is the first time I have blogged and I am not a developer by trade...first time.

take care

what do you expect us to do? You havent provided any info.

I just relaized what you want us to check -- youre lucky I looked since I was about to ream you a new a-hole for posting a site to here that has the word vioxx in it :P

I see your google adsense down the right side of the page in both :
firefox 1.0
and
ie 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.040419-1003

fricken microsoft. ;)

3 Feb 10, 2005 04:36

Did not realize I was doing something wrong by listing the site. My intentions were just to figure out why IE V 6.0.2800.110615 on hitting the homepage listed keywords for CSS related content when the content on my side is for the V word. But if the keywords are related to the V word when you got there, then it must something on my system I guess.

4 Feb 10, 2005 04:49

What you're seeing is generic ads until google figures out what to push on your web. For the record: it's not a matter of what browser you are using. Browsers ALWAYS see the style sheet first else how could they display the page properly? Eventually google will figure it out and serve ads that match your content. I'm not sure how they do that but it's not just key words. I had google ads that were directly related to my content without using the keyword metatag. After a month I earned 3 dollars. I don't do google ads anymore...

Nothing wrong btw with posting your URL, though it would be a lot nicer of you to post it so it links. Like, have the http:// in front of it so's we can just click it, ya know?

EDIT: Oh yeah. If you want to ask for free help with free software you might consider GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! Something wrong with "powered by b2evolution" linked back to http://b2evolution.net ?

5 Feb 10, 2005 06:36

Thanks folks. Points well taken. My bad.

Form is loading...