Recent Topics

1 Feb 11, 2005 18:08    

I have adressed this problem a topic earlier http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3110 but I found at which point the code breaks.

I have set my blog to show 24 articles per page. This went fine until a couple of days ago. I think my blog has come too big or something.

The problem first happend in the admin desk only, but now it also happend on my front-page.

The error is caused by the methodcall posts_nav_link();
When I leave this out of my template, the frontpage works again. I will try to found out why this happens and keep you posted. If someone of you know why this happens please let me know!

2 Feb 11, 2005 18:21

I got something further.

In the function function posts_nav_link the methods that both fail are:

I will debug further in those functions

previous_posts_link( $prelabel, $page );
			next_posts_link( $nxtlabel, $max_paged, $page );

3 Feb 11, 2005 18:26

This is the line that it now breaks:

if( $label == '#' ) $label = '<< '.T_('Previous Page');

After this line nothing happens.

4 Feb 12, 2005 02:13

a new update, the following lines breaks it:

@include_once dirname(__FILE__). '/../locales/'. $messages. '/_global.php';

Is there something wrong with my global.php?

5 Feb 12, 2005 02:29

Solution found!

The problem was that the script was taking more memory than allowed (don't know why!) but I changed the setting in the php.ini to solve this one:

Change

memory_limit = 8M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

To

memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

I hope someone can find out why the script takes up more memory when there are more posts on my blog.

6 Feb 12, 2005 02:32

I guess that means it's not a b2evo bug?

7 Feb 12, 2005 12:19

Wel actually it is. The reason why it's an evo bug is, because it seems that evo takes up too much memory when you have a lot of articles in your blog.

I don't know why this happens. In the beginning my blog worked like a charm and as we moved on later in time the problems got from bigger to worse.

So something in there is claiming all the memory when it loads the articles, and not returning it.

8 Feb 12, 2005 14:51

I just set my blog to display 450 posts per page. No problem. You 'fixed' it by changing memory limit at your host? Sounds like a host issue to me!

9 Feb 12, 2005 16:59

Setting the blog to 460 topics per page it not creating this problem. Having more than 1722 posts in there, in combination with a lot of posts per page will cause this problem.

If you are interested I can make a database dump for you so you can check it yourself.

10 Feb 13, 2005 00:55

I have plus 2400 posts in my database and I have 15 posts on 1 page.
Sometimes it is slow, but it is not breaking.

But thats my case.

11 Feb 13, 2005 10:34

Just try to set it to show more than 30 posts per page. Maybe its also the frequency of posts per day. I post around 25 posts per day.

12 Feb 13, 2005 15:00

Just for kicks try a clean installation (no mods of any kind except the security patch) and connect to the same database. That'll tell you if something you did is related to the issue or not. It won't however rule out your host.

Form is loading...