Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2005 03:31    

I installed and set up b2evolution... whenever i try to access my blog from the computer it's installed in.. i can see the skin... and everything looks normal and fine... when i try to access the blog from a different computer on the network I can't see the skin.. its all plain (White Background and everything is kind of like a database).... please HELP... How to fix this!!?

2 Feb 17, 2005 03:38

Firstly don't panic :D

Secondly can you get into your admin? If so go there and finds 'blogs' click that and about halfway down the page you will find the skin options.

Check that the default skin is the one that you want and just to be sure of things turn off skin switching till you work out what you are doing.

That way you are forcing all browsers to use your skin - it might be that you selected the basic skin and that is now stored in your cookie.

It might also help if you include a link to your site so we can take a look - just in case it is something else.

3 Feb 17, 2005 20:15

I did get into the admin... and I chose the skin i wanted and disabled skin switching.... I dont kno how to fix this now.... and also I can't prove you guys with a link because the server is not set up to accept connections yet... basically its just on the local intranet...
any ideas will be appreciated... and Thanx alot Sunset...

4 Feb 17, 2005 20:29

Ok, we can try something else. (I believe in trial and, ususally lots of, error...lol)

Now does your page look similar to this? http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=basic

if it does it is definitely the basic skin thing - you could try clicking a skin in the Select skin bit of the page....

Go back into admin and turn skin switching back on.

it might be that the browser you are seeing it through is either loading it through cache or has stored the cookie or something.

delete the cookie if you can find it - or delete all cookies if you don't mind losing your other cookies.

And clear your cache.

Once you have done that try again to view your site.

5 Feb 17, 2005 22:43

It dint work :( .... Yes the page looks similar to the link you provided... and so I tried what you suggested... unfortunately it didn't work....
From the page i tried clicking on the skins... but what happened was it took me to http://localhost/blogs/index.php?skin=wpc_mars-spirit (gave me an error "The page cannot be displayed".... well itnstead of that link it should have been http://workstation/blogs/index.php?skin=wpc_mars-spirit (Workstation is the name of the server..... when i did that it gave me the same plain page again. The one that looks like this... http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=basic ) .... Any other ideas?.. I am a little busy these days.. .. but as soon as I get a chance (hopefully this weekend) I will try to get the server up.. so then i'll be able to provied you with a link... but i will appreciated the ideas coming in... Thanks alot Sunset...

Karanbir

6 Feb 17, 2005 23:11

The next thing to try is to reupload the skin (the one you want - mars spirit?) just in case the files are messed up.

I generally delete the old folder and reupload it - this means that you aren't constantly being asked if you are sure you want to overwrite and you can be sure that you are getting the files that you need.

I would also suggest keep checking in the admin that you have the correct skin selected as default - tip: bookmark the admin page so that if the skin really gets screwed you can still access admin.

I know these are a lot of different suggestions - but there are many reasons this might be happening and unless it is on my comp and I can see what exactly is going on - I can only go through the steps that I would go through...

*thought* I don't know much about intranet - but I just had a thought....

Does your main computer (the one you can see the skin on) act like a web host and give access to all files? I was just wondering because you said early on that it is fine on your comp but screwed on others... could it be that these others can't access the skin folder?

Form is loading...