Recent Topics

1 Feb 19, 2005 08:50    

Can u guys please help out? I just got a hosting from globedomain.com that uses cpanelx, cuz i wanted to start my own blog w/ my domain. I dont undertand any of the codes at all, if u guys have an account on myspace, well i thought itd pretty much be kinda the same codes2 design. yaya u guys prolly think what a dumbass! anyway, ive installed b2 the latest version (0.9.0.10).

I dont kno how to open it, what do i do? this is what shows on mysql database:

Databases: bubblbie_bvlt1
Users in bvlt1
bubblbie_bvlt1 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:bubblbie_bvlt1:localhost","bubblbie_bvlt1","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "bubblbie_bvlt1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("bubblbie_bvlt1");

these r the info on what im running on:

General server information:
Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.4
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Installed Perl Modules
PHP version 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.23-standard
cPanel Build 10.0.0-RELEASE 7
Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

2 Feb 19, 2005 13:34

Firstly, the latest version is 0.9.0.11. To install, simply upload the complete directory structure to yourdomain.com, then just go to yourdomain.com/b2evolution for instructions.

4 Feb 20, 2005 08:31

any host that has cpanel *should* have b2evo as one of the blogging packages available.

5 Feb 20, 2005 09:53

One would hope but that is not the case in some cases from recent experience.

The other thing is Cpanel has many themes and Fantastico scripts only show in a few of the themes. If you don't have it then ask.

The other issue is they don't necessarily have the lattest version.

You need to remember that after the initial install that you need to do all upgrades yourself.

I resell hosting and I could not get it in Cpanel. I had to pay www.ace-host.net to get it! I illistrated the problem with the hosting company I resell for and after I moved a few domains they got the message ;-)

Form is loading...