Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2005 13:53    

Hi! I'm having a bear of a time getting this to work. I've got a post that I'm trying to put a URL in. The URL is:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=8747

b2evo's having problems with the commas after EN and just before CONTENTID.

Any suggestions on where to start looking to fix it? :)

Thanks!
Pat

2 Feb 22, 2005 14:25

it looks like your using that as-is ..not as a link complete with an <a href= ... yes? I looked and indeed it breaks the url at the comment; its a regular expression thing -- commas are perfectly OK within urls but most url parsers dont look for them (im guessing)

I would recommend using the url within an <a href .. tag as it does work that way. My guess would be that the fix would entail changing the regex and would be more work. Unless, of course, someone has already done it ..which is entirely possible

3 Feb 22, 2005 20:35

whoo wrote:

it looks like your using that as-is ..not as a link complete with an <a href= ... yes? I looked and indeed it breaks the url at the comment; its a regular expression thing -- commas are perfectly OK within urls but most url parsers dont look for them (im guessing)

I would recommend using the url within an <a href .. tag as it does work that way. My guess would be that the fix would entail changing the regex and would be more work. Unless, of course, someone has already done it ..which is entirely possible

Actually, I was using it in an <a href ... tag, I just posted the URL there. What's funny is that b2e puts some bogus target in and leaves most of the URL string as the text, even though in the editor it looks right. I even tried using the HTML entities instead of commas. No luck. Would you like me to enable the blog post that is messed up? I've got it in draft mode now...

Pat

4 Feb 22, 2005 20:51

no no thats ok.. I can offer one fix but first... when I tested this earlier on my b2evo blog, i tried it plain text and as an <a href= ...

What version of b2evo are you using? my install is 0.9.0.11

are you manually typing out the <a href=url... or using the quiktag feature.. Ive tested both ways.. the manual typing it out broke the url, the quicktag worked.

the quicktag isnt using a regex to figure out the url .. it knows whatever you type into the box is a url already (or it assumes it, rather). If you manaually type out a long link like <a href=" blah blah.... the regex is whats parsing that to determine what constitutes a url and what doesnt.
The quick fix would be to use the quicktag link thing (link box above the text area for post editing/writing.)

hope that helps :)

5 Feb 22, 2005 21:25

whoo wrote:

no no thats ok.. I can offer one fix but first... when I tested this earlier on my b2evo blog, i tried it plain text and as an <a href= ...

What version of b2evo are you using? my install is 0.9.0.11

are you manually typing out the <a href=url... or using the quiktag feature.. Ive tested both ways.. the manual typing it out broke the url, the quicktag worked.

the quicktag isnt using a regex to figure out the url .. it knows whatever you type into the box is a url already (or it assumes it, rather). If you manaually type out a long link like <a href=" blah blah.... the regex is whats parsing that to determine what constitutes a url and what doesnt.
The quick fix would be to use the quicktag link thing (link box above the text area for post editing/writing.)

hope that helps :)

I'm running 0.9.0.11 and was using the "link" button to enter it. For me that pops up a dialog box which I then pasted the URL into (it was still in my copy buffer when I made this first post in this thread. For me all that did was put an <a href... link in the post's text just like as if I'd typed it by hand. Is there another way to do it?

Just to update this, I was messing around with the post in question and got it to work. You're right, the quicklink does what it should. But! The problem is the word wrap. In my edit window the <a href ... got split somehow. Once I massaged it all back (there's a line break between the a and the href now) it's working the way it should.

I'm thinking that newline should have been ignored in the parser but wasn't.

Pat

6 Feb 22, 2005 22:31

well, whatever works :)

7 Feb 23, 2005 02:07

I've fixed the regular expressions that cause this.

Form is loading...