Recent Topics

1 Feb 24, 2005 06:34    

Hi all,

I subscribed my own blog with Bloglines just to see the results of the feeds.
However, it won't show all the posts although i have choosed "All Items" for "Display items within the last...".

Any ideas?

2 Feb 25, 2005 03:35

I'm a bloglines user, too. If you want to give the address of your page and your feed, then I'll subscribe and take a look at it.

3 Feb 25, 2005 12:36

Thanks in advance for your help.

You could click on the "www" button below, it'll bring you to my website where you could find the "subscribe with bloglines" button at the right side-bar.

4 Feb 25, 2005 15:05

The feed that b2evo generates for your blog only has ten items, so that's all that bloglines has indexed so far. After you've been subscribed for a while you'll be able to view all and it will go back to the time when you subscribed. If you really need bloglines to go further back, then you'll have to make your feed do more than the ten most recent posts. I'm not sure how to do that, but I was looking in the php code for the feeds, and it looks like it always displays whatever is on the front page of your blog. But I'm not sure how to change that, either.

5 Feb 25, 2005 15:14

That's a back office setting - number of posts per page.

6 Feb 25, 2005 15:23

I see it now. Settings::General, Display options. You could raise that number as high as you want, then wait for bloglines to index your page (it usually happens about every 30 minutes), then put the number back to normal.

7 Feb 25, 2005 15:24

I also suspect that it only shows posts on the front page of the blog.

Initially, i set the b2evo to display only 5 posts at posts paged mode, then the bloglines only disply 5 items.
Later, i changed the settings to display 10 posts, blogline also changed accordingly.

Anyway, thank you for your help. I think i just need to live with it until someone got the solutions.

8 Feb 25, 2005 15:57

Does my solution not work? Bloglines won't have any data that you don't give it through your feed. Set your front page to show all of your posts and your feed should, too. As soon as Bloglines indexes your feed that way, it will have all your posts stored on their servers (though I think they only really store the last 200 posts of any feed). Then you can put your posts on the front page back down to ten, but bloglines will still have all of the onder ones stored. I don't know why that wouldn't work.

9 Feb 25, 2005 17:27

I'm sorry, i just read your post. :oops:
I shall try it now and let you know the results later.

10 Feb 26, 2005 01:42

Yes. Now the bloglines display more items... abt 100 of them. :)

I think Bloglines still indexing the feeds, so i shall leave the setting to show all posts for a while, and see how many posts Bloglines will kept on their server.

Thank you.

11 Feb 26, 2005 02:34

No problem. I'm glad it worked.

12 Feb 27, 2005 06:08

Hi,

I think Bloglines only stores 100 items, the most, on their server. :)

13 Feb 27, 2005 09:50

Hi,

The !M (Read more!) function works well in Bloglines, but !NP (Next Page) function does not.

The "Pages: 1 2" links which shows in the post won't show in the Bloglines. The subscribers would not know there are "more pages" for them to read.

Do you have any solution for this?

Form is loading...