Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2005 20:47    

I saw in another post, that to migrate from one server to another, just download your old blog folder, install b2evolution on the new server, and drop the old folder over the new one. Well... I did that and it gives me an error relating to the mysql. I know nothing about mysql...
(if you go to my blog right now, you don't get the error, it has a fresh install) All I want is for my old blogs to be on the new server.
Any help would be appreciated! :D

2 Mar 07, 2005 00:53

You basically need to upload a backup of your b2evo database through phpMyAdmin, and then everything should be there. ;D

P.S. I love Kagero, one of my all-time favorite games.

3 Mar 07, 2005 03:38

azel wrote:

You basically need to upload a backup of your b2evo database through phpMyAdmin, and then everything should be there. ;D

P.S. I love Kagero, one of my all-time favorite games.

huh? I know nothing about phpMyadmin, and if this is something I needed to before I downloaded everything off the old server then I'm screwed cus I've cancelled the old account now.

And huh? who is Kagero?

4 Mar 07, 2005 06:21

Did you backup any of your files from your previous server? The thing is, all of your posts are stored in a database. If you saved a backup of that database, you can restore your posts through phpMyAdmin, which should be accessible through your host's control panel. Perhaps there's another way I haven't thought of just yet.

p.s. The character you have on your site is Millenia from Tecmo's Kagero: Deception II for PS1.

5 Mar 07, 2005 18:13

azel wrote:

Did you backup any of your files from your previous server? The thing is, all of your posts are stored in a database. If you saved a backup of that database, you can restore your posts through phpMyAdmin, which should be accessible through your host's control panel. Perhaps there's another way I haven't thought of just yet.

p.s. The character you have on your site is Millenia from Tecmo's Kagero: Deception II for PS1.

normally, what folder would those be stored in? cus I just copied the one with all the blog stuff in it, labled "Blog"

6 Mar 07, 2005 18:33

These are not stored in any folder. The database is a seperate entity. Remember when you install you give b2evo the login details for your database? That's allowing b2evo access to your database. If you've cancelled your account, I'm affraid there's nothing you can do, except hope that your old host is very nice and has a backup that they'll email to you.

7 Mar 08, 2005 01:14

Graham wrote:

These are not stored in any folder. The database is a seperate entity. Remember when you install you give b2evo the login details for your database? That's allowing b2evo access to your database. If you've cancelled your account, I'm affraid there's nothing you can do, except hope that your old host is very nice and has a backup that they'll email to you.

(as Peter Griffen would say) Aw Crap! no they weren't that great of a Privider, don't go with Fuitadnet.com Crap, oh well, Thanks for your help everyone!

Form is loading...