Recent Topics

1 Mar 15, 2005 03:21    

Today I downloaded the CVS version and upgraded a 0.9.0.11 installation. I've been testing the CVS versions for awhile on another machine (install from scratch). The upgrade however rendered the blog unuseable. The installed said all table upgrades went ok but the admin page wouldn't load. I got the following error:

---

MySQL error!

Unknown column 'hit_ID' in 'field list'(Errno=1054)

Your query:
SELECT hit_ID FROM evo_hitlog, evo_useragents WHERE hit_uri = "/scripts/blogs/admin/" AND hit_datetime > "2005-03-14 17:41:59" AND hit_remote_addr = '216.163.84.151' AND agnt_ID = hit_agnt_ID AND agnt_signature = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/125.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125.12'

---

I tried adding the column and then it wanted another one. It seems the schema has changed in the last month but the installer hasn't quite caught up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
- Matt

2 Mar 15, 2005 03:27

From the downloads page:

You can also get the absolute latest cutting edge (and thus potentially untested and unstable) version of b2evo from the CVS sever on SourceForge.net. There is absolutely no guarantee about the state of the CVS version. Some days it will be the most stable version you could find, and some days it might just be broken and waiting for a fix... This version is only recommended for contributing developers.

If you want to play with CVS and you use it on a production blog you do so at your own risk. I run a CVS installation just to see what the future holds, but it is NOT a real blog and gets wiped out frequently.

3 Mar 15, 2005 21:36

Thank you for your quick response. I understand the risks and nature of the CVS version I'm not an official dev for this project but I'm willing to contribute. Is there a place I should post bugs such as this or workarounds I come up with?

- Matt

EdB wrote:

From the downloads page:

You can also get the absolute latest cutting edge (and thus potentially untested and unstable) version of b2evo from the CVS sever on SourceForge.net. There is absolutely no guarantee about the state of the CVS version. Some days it will be the most stable version you could find, and some days it might just be broken and waiting for a fix... This version is only recommended for contributing developers.

If you want to play with CVS and you use it on a production blog you do so at your own risk. I run a CVS installation just to see what the future holds, but it is NOT a real blog and gets wiped out frequently.

Form is loading...